_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Dreams of Beautiful Whisper - Review

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dreams of Beautiful Whisper - Review

To keep Big Brother happy, I received my copy of this book to facilitate my review.  It is the only compensation I received for a honest review.  Although I received my copy, the opinions expressed here are my own.


Dreams of Beautiful Whisper is book one in The Elves of Eytherfel Series.  It is a wonderful Young Adult Fantasy story, written by Tanya Jones, that is a combination of "real" life, as seen by teens, and the world of fantasy and magic and wonder.  

I will admit that the first chapter or two were a little difficult to get into.  I think it was mainly because it was setting the ground work for the story in a way that young adults think.  I know that sounded bad but it wasn't meant to be. These chapters were more from an almost 16 year old Amanda's minds eye and how everything effected her. The story began to flow much more naturally after just a few chapters.

Also some of the names given to the characters are a bit strange, but all are necessary.  Somehow I don't see an Elf being named James, just to make it easier for the reader, it just wouldn't have fit ... he is an Elf after all.  
I did find myself becoming entrenched in the story once I adapted to the names and writing style.  

Ms Jones outlines the story on the back cover as follows


I do agree with this as a short synopsis of the story.  However, as Ms Jones fleshes out the characters and explains what has happened and what is happening, both to the reader and the characters themselves, you get pulled into the story.  I can't wait to see what happens to Amanda or Amanae as is her true name, and Caelsah, the beautiful warrior, or just how Jordan adapts to their new reality. Oh and Amanae's unseen twin that she hasn't seen since her family left their village abruptly so long ago.

My overall opinion is that this is a must read.  
It is perfectly safe for even "younger" young adults and fun for us not so young adults. There are some lessons that can be learned within the story-line on acceptance and life in general that sometimes only a story can teach. It just makes it much easier for young adults to see in their own lives.  As a parent, sometimes we over stress or over explain these lessons, but when it is shown in the context of a story that they are enjoying, the lessons become, tada, learned lessons.


I hope you will pick up Dreams of Beautiful Whisper and enjoy it as much as I have.  I understand that book 2 is in process and should be out before the end of the year ... hopefully I can wait that long.  I really want to know what is going to happen next.


I was given the opportunity to review this book through the Tomoson.com program.  For more information on our Review Policies, please refer to our Media Kit 

No comments: