How about we try to eat healthier all winter long and not worry about losing those big bulky sweaters ....
Here are some great reasons to have a Tupperware Smart Steamer to cook your dishes. Steaming your food is a healthy alternative that everyone can do.
- Cooking vegetables with steam retains their optimal texture and nutritional content.
- Steaming is a great solution for health conscious people. Flavorful dishes can be created without adding oils and other fats simply by steaming food.
- Steaming retains more of your food’s vitamins and minerals as opposed to boiling, when they are lost to the cooking liquids.
- Steaming is an excellent way to preserve the true flavor and quality of your ingredients. Want to truly appreciate the nice, fresh cut of fish you just purchased? Try steaming it to appreciate the quality and flavors.
- Have leftover pasta noodles? Using this moist method of reheating is a great way to warm the noodles without making them dry or rubbery.
- If steaming fish with a thin tapered end, gently fold the thin end under to even out the filet’s thickness. Doing so will even out the cooking time for both ends of the filet.
- Create fillings for your steamed fish or chicken by wrapping cheese, herbs or minced vegetables in thin fish filets or chicken cutlets and securing with toothpicks.
- Because steam cooking retains more nutrients, it’s an excellent way to cook baby food. To make it extra easy, simply cook vegetables and fruit past the “al dente” stage and they’ll be easy to blend.
- When using the Tupperware® SmartSteamer, keep your food items roughly the same size on each layer. This will help you get evenly cooked results—when one broccoli floret is done, the others will be done.
- Don’t overcrowd your Tupperware® SmartSteamer. There should be enough space for the steam to circulate around the food.
- Remember, until the water in the Water Tray begins to boil, the food inside is not exposed to heat. When creating your own recipes, keep in mind that the first couple of minutes in the microwave heats the water and has minimal effect on the food until the water begins to boil.
- If you’ve removed the SmartSteamer from the microwave and your foods aren’t quite perfectly cooked, try leaving the SmartSteamer covered on the counter to gently finish cooking the food with residual steam.
- Gently enhance the aromatics of steamed foods by adding fragrant herbs or citrus to the water in the SmartSteamer Water Tray.