_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Winter Wonderland Begins

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Winter Wonderland Begins

This is the beginning of the Winter Wonderland here in New Jersey.  Trust me when I tell you I could have missed this without batting an eye or feeling like I was missing out on anything.

Just going to post a few of the pictures I have taken over the last 24 hours while we were watching and then trying to dig out of somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 - 30 inches of the white stuff BEFORE it started blowing around making wonderful drifts all over.

This was outside my back door at around 7:30 last night - yes already it was a mess.

Here was my mailbox this morning - now I'm sure you know how high a mailbox needs to be for the postman to actually delivery your mail from his truck ..........

Just a little bit of snow on my deck and table -- good thing I covered it with plastic before the snow started to fall - how many inches do you think we have here?

This is looking down my front steps (there are 13 steps mind you) and my azalea's that are over 75 years old.  Every year I think this is the last ... and it continues to come back.  One of these times this winter mess is going to do them in.

Some place down there is my driveway - past the wood pile and huge pine tree.  Yes that is a neighbor's house across the way ... When we went out to clear a path to the wood pile, clean off the snow and clean off the steps so we can actually bring in the wood if we need to - the snow was over my knees and half way up my thigh ...

I do think I've gotten my exercise in for today.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow, I'm SO very happy it missed Michigan! Stay warm.

xoxo

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh.My.Gosh!!!

That is a whole lotta snow! And yes, you definitely got your exercise in. I remember one time it snowed like that in Wisconsin and even though they are used to snow, it was a killer storm.

Your first picture the snow looks so sparkly and pretty!! Stay warm!