_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet Monday Dec 20th

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Fresh Diet Monday Dec 20th

I really just love seeing my little buddy from The Fresh Diet, outside my door.  This morning I thought "OH what happened to my buddy?  He's not here, he's suppose to be here" ... So I went on a "hunt,"  you see, I live on a very dark road (no street lights - imagine) and I have very very steep front steps, so I requested that my Fresh Diet bag be left inside the back screen door.  Here's my front steps last winter, just so you can "see" what I mean about steep 



This also keeps it protected from the elements because there is about 3 ft of walk space between my screen door and my "back" door.  But fear not, I found him sitting in the corner at my front door, just a little "frosty".  Because of safety issues, I called Customer Service about where it was left - I really don't want someone to get hurt delivering my buddy.  Well quick as can be, Lois in Customer Service took care of everything, calling the delivery manager and then calling me back.  All taken care of, my buddy will be in the back again, as of tomorrow.  See I just love this company - everything is so easy to take care of - Customer Service is Top Notch!  It would just really upset me if someone fell down those stairs in the dark (even with a light on, which we can't do all night, its "eerily dark") or if there is a little icy patch this coming winter.

Breakfast was Old Fashioned Oatmeal with Apricot & Toasted Pecans. The oatmeal from The Fresh Diet always surprises me.  When it comes out of the bag, it looks really thick and heavy, but once heated (and a little tiny bit of milk for my taste) is so very smooth and creamy and although not light, not heavy either.  Hopefully that makes sense.  It is also so very filling without making you feel like there is this brick in your stomach.  If you need something to last all morning - THIS is it.  I loved the apricot and pecans in this one. 

Lunch was Cape-Cod wrap with Spinach, Smoked Turkey Breast, Caramelized Red Onion and Cranberry Relish.  I have to say, I have NO idea what makes this "Cape-Cod" but it was really good.  I deconstructed the wrap to put the relish inside the wrap and then reconstructed it.  The onions was just crunchy enough that everything wasn't mushy but not so crunchy that they were raw.  One thing I really like about the NY kitchen, is that most of the sauces and relishes are in little containers so you can add them to the entree or not, put inside a sandwich (like I did) or just "dip" it in.  Please Fresh Diet, don't change this option - for me its great.  YOU get to select how much you put on a meal - not the kitchen personnel.  This is another great meal for lunch.

My snack today was Prosciutto Ham wrapped Asparagus Tips.   The ham was cut a little on the thick side for a Prosciutto so it was rather salty tasting for me.  That being said, it was an interesting flavor combination.  The crunchiness of the Asparagus and the saltiness of the ham - if the prosciutto was a little thinner would have been a home run.  I will be ordering this one again.

Dinner was Oven Fried Catfish Fillet with Tartar Sauce with Chipotle Whipped Cauliflower Puree and Cajun rubbed Roasted Yellow Squash Spears.  Ok first thing - I was definitely color challenged when I picked this meal - everything was YELLOW!  If you have been following along, you know that before the Fresh Diet, I was definitely NOT a fish person.  That was changed with all the great options I have tried over the 3 weeks or so that I've been receiving my meals.  This meal however, was not a winner.  The breading on the fish was entirely too thick and tasteless.  I'm not sure I like the fish itself, since I did try to take pieces out of the breading, unless it had a healthy dollop of the tartar sauce (which had a nice spicy kick but I'm not sure why since Ive never had spicy tartar sauce).  The Whipped Cauliflower was so pureed it was "runny" and so spiced it was like fire in the mouth.  The Squash Spears, weren't spears at all and too mushy to be tasty.  I have to say, this entire meal was not on my hit parade.  As a matter of fact, I ended up throwing out most of it because I just couldn't eat it.  It really killed me to do that - but it just wasn't something I could eat, and that is very unusual.  Thankfully I wasn't overly hungry with the other options I had today.  I will definitely not try these again - and there really aren't many items that I can say that about.  Unfortunately I picked them all in one meal.  I need to go check my selection for the next week and make sure I don't have any of these in my meals.

Dessert was Sugar-Free Boston Cream Pie.  Now, this looks a little "different" from what I know as Boston Cream Pie, but was very tasty.  Part of the "frosting" got stuck on the top of the container lid (sometimes this happens) so I fixed it ... I mean come on it was chocolate!  It was very very moist, even Jenn noted how moist it looked when she came in, and very tasty.  There was no missing any sugar in this dish. 

If you are even remotely tempted to order The Fresh Diet meals, but afraid of the commitment, check out their special - 5 days for $155, which is a great deal.  If you are ready for a month commitment, jump on over, call them at 1-866-FRESH50 to lock in the daily price of $32.99 (a $12 a day savings) for 31 days.  I think they have a number of new entrees coming for the new year and yes, I will be trying those too and sharing with you.  Why don't you go check out their deal and the Fresh Diet Facebook Page - we have LOTS of fun there too.

And just to show you that I was busy, in between everything else, the 2010 Christmas Memory Tree was finished and now we can just hopefully enjoy it for awhile.
Yes that is a Christmas Stocking on that deer ......... and NO IT'S NOT Rudolph!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Sounds like another day of great foods!

xoxo

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wow!! You are eating great! Everything looks delish!

Merry Christmas!