_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Tuesday

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Tuesday

It was so good to know my little buddy had already been put in the fridge this morning.  Jenn was so sweet, she actually saw The Fresh Diet "fairy" deliver my meals very very early Tuesday morning (or as it is in Jenn's world - late Monday night), but waited until he was gone to actually get my bag.  I had fallen asleep on the couch while watching a movie, so when she came down for something to drink ...... she woke me up to say 1) "he's here" and then 2) don't ya think you would be more comfortable IN BED!  But I guess paybacks can sometimes be you know what - I use to do this to her all the time.

Breakfast was sitting on the counter as Jenn was walking out the door to get to class (again before God woke up) at 6:45.  It was Mandarin Orange Whole Wheat Muffin with Fresh Banana & Passion Fruit Yogurt.  This was a new entree for me, but I am still trying different things - there are just so many options.  The look on Jenn's face was just so pitiful as she was leaving ........ and then she stole a little piece from the bottom so I could still get my picture.  This one is a definite KEEPER.  It was so moist and light for a whole wheat muffin.  It was really filling, but I so wanted another - it was really that good.  I will now have to experiment to see if I can figure this one out too - that is once my deliveries stop.


Lunch was one of my favorites, although it was a different "topping" than I had before.  Whole Wheat Pizza Topped with Tri-color Bell Pepper, Mozzarella Cheese & Marinara Sauce.  A "diet" plan that allows you pizza, on a regular basis, that doesn't taste like cardboard?  I'm telling you these are so darn good.  It was a good thing Jenn wasn't home because I am sure she would have wanted to "taste" this one too!  Once I finished this, I went back to my window prep for winter (shrink wrapping them), knowing that I would be set for the afternoon.  It really was a great lunch.

My Snack for the day was Tropical Dried Fruit with Pina Colada Yogurt.  When I first looked at this one - I thought ok I'll just leave it in the container and "pick".  But then I said NO that would just lead to mindless eating in the afternoon and that just leads to a downward spiral.  No I will not do that again.  So I put it into this huge (and I do mean HUGE) Starbucks cup - sat down with a cup of tea and enjoyed my snack.  10 minutes for me will not ruin the progress of the day, but it gives me time to relax and breath, no matter how busy I am.  It's another one of those "new" habits I am trying to get into.



Dinner was Pork Medallions with Provencal Sauce with Chinese Black Rice and Roasted Cherry Tomato.  I've had the pork before (although if you remember before it was HUGE) and this was really just as nice and tender and juicy as I remember.  I've never had Chinese Black Rice but that was really different.  But different in a good way.  I'll have to look for this in the store - I bet Jenn would like this too.  No she didn't taste this meal - she had her lemon chicken and white rice with her father, who surprised us by coming home early. 

Dessert was the Blueberry Cheesecake.  How wrong can that be?  A diet that has cheesecake available every day that really does taste like cheesecake and not some imitation/tease.  The only thing with this particular slice ..... I think I had 2 pieces of blueberry in the entire slice.  Now it did not deter one iota from the wonderful dessert - but if you wanted an "in your face" blueberry cheesecake, this wasn't it. But I will say that I usually have more "fruit" in a fruited cheesecake - guess it was just the luck of the slice this time.

Now with everything else that has been going on in my life of late, I have to say that the one constant has been The Fresh Diet meals.  When they are delivered, on MY schedule, I don't have to worry about eating.  Everything is in that wonderful little (or in some cases BIG) bag and all I have to do is heat and eat.  I chose to plate and sit at the table and eat - you could eat right out of the containers standing anywhere - your choice. 

Now if you want to try this wonderful plan, and you are in their delivery area (which keeps expanding all the time), get on over to The Fresh Diet Facebook Page, like them and come back often.  Participate in the contests and you too could win a week or a month (now wouldn't THAT be wonderful) or you could be a random daily winner of 3 days of The Fresh Diet meals delivered to your door!  Then you too could see

or one of the other "family" members, outside your door when you get up in the morning.

No comments: