_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Homemade Hash Browns

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Homemade Hash Browns

I know that hash browns are a favorite in our house, and when we go to Cracker Barrel the Hash Brown Casserole is a must for Jenn and I. So when I saw this one I thought it would be a good start to making our own at home. 

The Tupperware Grate Master Shredder is the first thing that I wanted to pick up when I saw the Fall Catalog, just for this kind of recipe.  I thought about carrots for carrot cake or zucchini for zucchini bread too but that's another post



PREP: 5 minutes 
COOK: 10 minutes

1 large russet potato, peeled & halved lengthwise 
1 tbsp. unsalted butter 
Salt and pepper to taste 

1. Assemble Grate Master™ Shredder fitted with coarse grater cone. Place one potato half in hopper, press down lightly with plunger and turn handle to shred the potato. 
2. Heat butter in Chef Series Nonstick Griddle over medium heat. 
3. Using a Chef Series Microfiber towel, squeeze grated potato to remove excess moisture. 
4. Once pan is hot, add grated potato and spread into a thin layer. Cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until golden brown and cooked through. 
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm. 

Note: 
If desired, grate ½ small onion or add ¼ tsp. onion powder to potatoes.
If desired, add some freshly grated cheese (I'm thinking cheddar cheese would be awesome).  

I am also going to be looking for the Hash Brown Casserole Copy Cat recipe to use this Grater Shredder with.

If you think this is as awesome as I do, you can pick up your own on my Tupperware Site as it is part of the Fall Catalog.  I think it is going to be a big seller, so don't wait too long .... I don't want you to be disappointed.

No comments: