_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Day 1

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Day 1

I don't know if you read my post  I'm a winner or if you even know how I won my  Fresh Diet  week or even what it is that I won, that you could read about here, Fresh Diet could this be your ticket.

Well I was and am so excited to have been selected so that I can try the meals this company makes.  Today was day one of my free week.  I have decided that I will document my journey of meals and give you pictures and my opinion on each. 

I woke at 5AM (yes it is an ungodly hour) to make the coffee and make sure the inhabitants of my household are starting to stir for work / school / whatever, and find this 

sitting inside my back door.  The driver was so nice to put it INSIDE the door so that it was protected from the weather, just as I had requested .... wonder why UPS rarely gets that right?  Are you listening UPS?  The Fresh Diet driver gets it - what don't you get?

Now I am not sure  when the bag arrived (they say anywhere between 7PM and 5AM) because I never heard a thing.  But I was really happy to see it there.
Breakfast was Apple Ricotta Cheese Crepes with Fresh Strawberries, that was really very good.  I will be honest, I was a little surprised when I opened the package - it looked a little "flat".  After I put it on the plate, I was a little more interested.  I heated them for just 20 seconds in the microwave and probably should have done it just a little longer - but they really tasted very nice.  Oh and I had coffee - since my day does NOT start without that caffeine hit - 2 cups went with breakfast.  I will say I was a little concerned around 11 that I wouldn't make it to lunch since I had these before 7AM.  But I was ok until about 12:15 when I just HAD to have lunch.
Lunch was a Philly Cheese Steak Whole Wheat Wrap with Sauteed Bell Peppers and Mozzarella Cheese.  Now I am originally from Philly (ok just outside of Philly) so I have to know Cheese Steak ... I've eaten a Cheese Steak from Jimmy's!  And I have to admit this was my favorite meal today.  It was so good.  I started with cutting it in half and only heating up 1/2.  I thought it would help to "stretch" out my meals, and it did since I savored every bite and then heated up the second 1/2.  I did a little better in the beverage department - I opened a 33.8 oz bottle of Smart Water.

Around 3:00 I started to think about how I would get everything that was left in my bag into me.  I mean I try to stop eating between 8 and 9 so that I'm not going to sleep with anything heavy in my stomach, and I still had an appetizer and dinner and dessert in said bag.
Since I'm trying to keep my blood sugar steady, which means eating "evenly" through out the day I broke into the bag for the appetizer.  These were Mushroom Crowns filled with Pesto Chicken.  Really tiny but really tasty!  I probably could have made a dinner out of these, if there were more, and been very happy.  I just loved the bed of baby greens.  There were a few pieces of the greens that I didn't use ... they just looked "smooshed" and not pretty, but very few.  Lets face it food needs to look pretty as well as taste good.

Dinner was around 6:15 today.  Turkey Breast Scalopini with White Wine & Shallots with Baby Farmer Carrots and Sauteed Spinach.   I would have liked a few more carrots (so it might have meant a little less spinach) but the vegetables were fantastic.  The spinach wasn't slimy and the carrots were tender crisp - how they did that when its made at least 12 hours before I have NO idea but I really enjoyed them.  The wine and Shallots sauce was very good, not sure if you can tell but I put some over the veggies too.  The turkey was a very generous portion, but I will say it wasn't my favorite part of the meal.  I'm not really sure why though.  It was pretty thick so although the veggies were hot, the inside of the turkey wasn't very warm.  I did eat all of the entree, but I don't know if I would order the turkey again.  But then again, it could have just been me today and then next time I could love it.  Two mugs of green tea rounded out the meal.  

Did you notice my pumpkin candle?  It is October after all - its pumpkin time!  Please note that it was lit for dinner ........ just need to set the stage.

The last thing in my bag for today is a very nice looking dessert.  Yes dessert.  And for those doubting Thomas' that think you have to be on bread and water (or is it just water) when you are on a diet, I am having White Chocolate Chip Cappuccino Cheese Cake for dessert.

Now this is on a BIG black saucer - from a Starbucks cup that has to hold 16 oz of coffee so the saucer has to be big too ..... but I just thought it looked cute next to my tiny pumpkin candle and orange crocheted table runner (my grandma made those so I will always have one of her pieces on my table)


Well there you have it - Day One of My Fresh Diet Journey.  I can't wait to see what is in my green bag for tomorrow, I mean I know what I ordered but since today was more than I thought it would be I can't wait to see tomorrow.

Now if you will excuse me my Cheese Cake is calling me.  Should I have a cup of cappuccino to go with it?  mmmm ok I will be good.  I will have my Cheese Cake and then later I will have another cup of tea before going to bed.  Oh and putting my new green friend by the back door so one of his relatives can come to visit tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Wow it looks great! I'm so glad it lived up to your expectations. I'm astounded that they were able to get the food to you so early & that the spinach turned out well, that's hard to do!

Hugs & love,
Mimi