_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Week 2 Day 3

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Week 2 Day 3

Wednesday was the 3rd day of my 2nd week of eating The Fresh Diet way.  I can not say this enough - I am really very impressed with the food.  Do I love everything I have had these past 2 weeks - no, but do you love everything that you eat everyday?  Do you love everything you order at a restaurant every time you eat a meal?  Enough said.



Once again my little buddy was waiting for me when I came down to make the coffee.  The Tuesday night I was late getting my bag out by the door (darn Yankees anyway) so there was no bag for my driver to pick up but he/she left my meals anyway - another member of the "family" of bags.  They are good about that.  I just had to leave both bags out Wednesday night.


Breakfast was Oregano, Zucchini & Mozzarella Cheese Quiche with Fresh Pineapple.
This had a very interesting flavor, probably because of the Oregano, but the combination was very good.  I am not a huge fan of zucchini (unless of course it is in zucchini bread - hint hint chef) so I was a little skeptical about this.  I will definitely try doing this at home.  I bet if I cut the zucchini even smaller, almost like a shred, even my picky eaters here would eat this one.


Lunch was Turkey Souvlaki on Whole Wheat Pita with Minted Yogurt Sauce and Celery Sticks.  Now I don't think I have ever had Souvlaki before and I KNOW I've never had minted yogurt sauce.  I did like this one - even though I kept looking at the sauce with a little trepidation.  The turkey was a bit like a tuna salad but you could definitely tell that it was turkey and not tuna.  I wonder if I could do this with some leftover roasted turkey and my trusty Vita-Mix?


My Hors D'Oeuvre today was so cute.  Roasted Tomato & Mozzarella Whole Wheat Bruschetta.  This one was popped into the toaster oven on broil.  I should have left it in there a little bit longer - so that it was a little "crisper on the bottom" and a little more "bubbly and browned" on the top.  I am either going to find this Whole Wheat bread (kind of like a bagette) or I WILL figure out how to make it at home.  I mean what's a bread machine for if you can't do what you want!  This was really good.


Dinner was Pan Seared Tofu with Citrus Chipotle Sauce with Green Split Pea Puree and Roasted Yellow Squash.  I have definitely added color to my world with this one!  I have never had Tofu like this before so I really didn't know what to expect, and to be honest I was a little afraid of this one.  I did this in the toaster oven too - thinking it would make it a bit "crisp" as opposed to possibly "mushy" from the microwave.  It didn't really get crisp, but it was different.  It really needed either the sauce or the veggies to give it a real "flavor" since by itself it was a bit bland.  Now the Chipotle Sauce was really really spicy!  I've started to really enjoy spicy but holy moly this one was hot.  The Green Split Pea Puree was really good - not without texture as I was afraid when I read puree.  There were just enough "whole" peas to add a nice mouth feel so it wasn't like "baby food" in its consistency.  Roasted Yellow Squash could become a new favorite.


Dessert was Sugar Free Chocolate Cupcake with Mocha Hazelnut Cream Cheese Frosting.  Who said sugar free had to taste bad?  Whoever it was never had one of these babies!  I had made a chocolate bundt cake for the family (yes I am cooking and baking for them and not feeling the least bit deprived) that was cooling on a rack in the kitchen - but it didn't phase me in the least since my cupcake was divine!  It is a good thing that there was only one here in the house though, or I might have NEEDED to have another one.

Today I think I succeeded in having different things for every meal.  I don't believe I have had any of these items during my days with The Fresh Diet nor are they things that I have made at home.  My take for the day .... definitely 2 thumbs UP.


If you missed week 2-day 2 you should check it out, some interesting things there.  But if you haven't been keeping up and want to know how this all started fresh diet day 1 or just click on "the fresh diet" listings over on the archive list for October and you can jump from day to day and see how this journey has been going.  It really has been a ton of fun AND I am losing lbs without the usual "agony" of a diet.

Don't miss my giveaways for CSN Stores and Ginger's Thirty-One Gifts ...... scroll down and enter, you won't regret it.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I really admire how bold you are being with your food choices. I don't think I would have tried the tofu!

xoxo