_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Week 2 Day 5

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Week 2 Day 5

Friday was Day 5 of the 2nd week in this wonderful journey through The Fresh Diet that I have been on .  Today is the last day of this "calendar" week as far as my delivery is concerned.  I had opted to take the weekends off because I never know what the weekend will bring and I don't want to have to say no to lunch out with friends or dinner out with hubby because of a delivery.  I will get two more deliveries next week.


Breakfast was Fresh Fruit Salad with Mango, White Grapes, Pear, Honeydew, Strawberries with Peach Ricotta Cheese.  This was somewhat of a "repeat" meal.  I have had the fruit salad before, but I don't believe it was all the same fruit and definitely not the Ricotta Cheese combo.  As in other pictures, I added the cinnamon on top of the Ricotta Cheese - but it is the only thing I've added to my meals.  I really need to find out where they get their fruit - every day I've had fruit it has been very fresh and tasty, unlike most of the fruit I have gotten around my supermarkets.



Lunch was Fresh Mozzarella Wrap with Baby Spinach, Roasted Bell Peppers and Basil Pesto on Sun Dried Tomato Tortilla.  This was a very tasty meal.  However, I would have like it to have had more Baby Spinach in the wrap.  I know, I know it sounds funny someone ASKING for MORE vegetable in a dish - that's usually the "filler" of a dish.  But it really would have put this right over the top.  The ratio of cheese to spinach was just a little off.


Hors D'oeuvre was Peanut Butter Chip Cheese Cake.  Would you look at this piece of Cheese Cake - that spot above the crust in the middle of the slice really is peanut butter chips and alot of them!  Excellent!  My daughter looked at it and said that it really looked good - and then she looked at me and asked "How is it that you get to eat that?  Aren't you still eating The Fresh Diet?"  When I told her that is where this came from "Whoa cool" and "Isn't that your dessert?" were the next things out of her mouth.  Guess I'm going to be hiding the rest of my desserts and snacks from her ......



Dinner was Chicken Cordon Blue with Ham & Swiss Cheese with Nine Grain Pilaf and Roasted Poblano Peppers.  When I was heating this one up I thought "Cordon Blue was suppose to be STUFFED with ham and swiss, looks like just chicken".  Well when it was heated through and cut in half ... I found the ham and cheese.  Really was a nice light blend that didn't take over everything else.  The Pilaf was really different, I guess because of the different grains that made it up, but I did enjoy it.  The Roasted Poblano Peppers, were cut into thin strips.  I thought roasting would have made them a bit milder ...... I was wrong!  These little strips of pepper were so hot, just a little tiny piece was enough to set your mouth on fire.   I've grown found of hot/spicy but these were so over the top that I couldn't eat them.  Maybe that was the way they guarantee you drink LOTS of water........ I'm kidding, but these were too hot.



Dessert was Sugar Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Maraschino Cherries and Pecans.  Now this one was so darned big I could have gone into carb shock!  Seriously, in comparison with the size of the cheese cake slices, this was enormous.  It also must have been Use Up the Pecans Day at the NY kitchen.  I can't say that I've ever had Pineapple Upside Down Cake with Pecans ... but maybe I've just been sheltered.  But whatever it is - I was very impressed with this dessert.  If I didn't know it was Sugar Free I wouldn't have believed it.  Great taste, texture and worth every bite - good thing its just mine.  Ok if you were here we could have shared - it really was pretty darned big but perhaps you can't tell from the picture, I was trying to show all the nuts and such.



If you were to decide to order - if you give them this referral code K2M4T - I believe I will get credit for bringing you to "the fold" so to speak.  It's really a win-win situation.  You get great food that is very diet friendly and I get credit for the referral.

Don't miss my giveaways for CSN Stores and Ginger's Thirty-One Gifts ...... scroll down and enter, you won't regret it.

No comments: