_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: It's A Great Season with Charlie Brown

Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's A Great Season with Charlie Brown

It's almost that time of year again - you know that time when we want hay rides, pumpkins to carve and spooky things that go bump in the night .......

I asked a friend to contribute something about how he feels about this special time of year for kids of all ages.

This is what I received as a contribution by Jacques Carr:

When the sweaters come out and the leaves start to turn, a few things come to mind: Friday night football, grinning pumpkins, and the timeless cartoon classic "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." Who can forget Chuck and the gang heading out for "tricks or treats," the Red Baron's infamous flight, and Sally and Linus waiting anxiously in the pumpkin patch? I laugh out loud every time Charlie gets a rock in his trick-or-treat bag.

When I was a kid, you only got one chance to watch this holiday favorite. It was shown annually on one major television network. Boy, was I upset the few times everyone saw it but me. Fortunately, with the invention of the digital video recorder, catching it is as easy as pumpkin pie. I can even set my DVR to record it when it shows on any satellite from www.BestChoiceTV.com. So, I won't have to miss Charlie's embarrassing time as a jack-o-lantern model or Sally's eventual breakdown in the pumpkin patch.

My family watches the cartoon when we come together to carve pumpkins and prepare for the annual weenie roast. I can hardly wait to watch it with my giggling nieces and nephews while we chow down on stew and grilled cheese sandwiches. There's just something about this classic that brings everyone back year after year.

No comments: