_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Week 2 Day 4

Friday, October 22, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Week 2 Day 4

Thursday was Day 4 of this journey of  The Fresh Diet that has made me think differently about food and food choices. 


I really think that when I don't see my little buddy outside my door when I come down to make the coffee and know that it will have stopped for awhile, I will definitely be sad.

Yesterday was a very high maintenance day for me - I was in the hospital with my girl friend (she is going to be fine thank you) so things were not as "laid back" as they have been.  I almost called to postpone my day because I didn't know where I would be when or even if I would have time for meals when she asked me to take her earlier in the week.  But to be honest, having it here made it so much easier for me - I got to eat good food without stressing over that too.  Thinking back over the day, it made me remember that you MUST take each day as the gift it was intended to be.


Breakfast was Honey Roasted Granola with Fresh Berries and Cherry Yogurt.  I really thought this was NOT the breakfast for me when I saw it.  But I figured I could just supplement or eat lunch early if I had to (somehow).  I have to say the yogurt was very good - I could become a cherry yogurt convert.  There was quite a bit of granola when I put it in my dish.  I wonder if I could figure out how to make this at home?



Lunch was BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich on Whole Bun with Sauteed Mushrooms.  Don't look too close at the bun - I put it in the toaster while I heated my pork and ran out to my car and "over toasted" it a bit.  I want to say this is a definite home run!  I don't know how you do it Chef, but even heated in the microwave this one rocked!  Can't even image how this would be if I had it right after your team finished cooking it.


Hors D'Oeuvre today was the Buffalo Style Chicken Strips with Roasted Pearl Onions.  Now I know I had gotten this before, but I thought it was just chicken strips the last time without any Buffalo "sauce" so I wanted to give it another chance.  Nope no Buffalo sauce this time either so I guess the NY kitchen doesn't do Buffalo.  Really was still a good dish - but if I was to do this again I would have some hot sauce on hand for when I want Buffalo.


Dinner was Veal Cutlets with Port Mushroom Marsala Sauce with Brown Rice with Pecans & Scallions and Sauteed Button Mushrooms.  I seem to pick a lot of mushroom items (think maybe nobody here likes mushrooms but me?) when they are available.  This one pleasantly surprised me.  The veal cutlet was HUGE, I had to cut it in half to neatly put it on the plate.  And very tender, which can be tricky since if you over do it, it becomes shoe leather.  This was perfect.  I really enjoyed the Brown Rice, but if you don't like Pecans you definitely do not want this side - I had a ton of pecan pieces.

Dessert was Mixed Fresh Berries with Creamy Ricotta Cheese Dip.  I added the cinnamon that is on top - just because I like cinnamon.  I really think that having this after dinner was perfect.  The Ricotta was just perfect over the berries and not heavy.  It was a very nice light dessert that would have been perfect with a nice cup of coffee.  I could see serving this after a holiday meal instead of some heavy pie or cake. 

This was a very trying day for me and having my meals already prepared, already "figured out" was a blessing.  I didn't have to cook, I didn't have to shop, I didn't have to figure out calories, protein, carbs, fats, any of those things that you do if you are "on a diet" because of this fantastic plan.

I have to say this was one of the best things to have happened to me in a long time.  Thank you Fresh Diet, Thank you Chef Yos and your crew for expanding my palate and my horizons on the food scene. 

If you haven't been keeping up and want to know how this all started fresh diet day 1 or just click on "the fresh diet" listings over on the archive list for October and you can jump from day to day and see how this journey has been going.  I am loving this AND I am losing without the usual "agony" of a diet.

Don't miss my giveaways for CSN Stores and Ginger's Thirty-One Gifts ...... scroll down and enter, you won't regret it.

No comments: