_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Spam

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Spam

oh My Gosh I can not tell you how much I HATE Spam.

No not the stuff in a can (though I'm not sure I'm a fan of that either), but the comments that appear on my blog posts that are garbage!  If you have a blog - you KNOW what I mean.

This morning I have had to delete 8 more comments - only 1 was in English, the other 7 were in Russian (I believe).  It's just so annoying.

How do you feel about those comments?

If you have a blog, how do you handle spammy comments without annoying your "real" readers?  Are you seeing an increase in Spam or is it just my imagination?


Any comments/help will be appreciated - I'm just getting very frustrated.

Thanks for your help.

2 comments:

Im A Silly Mami said...

I had that capcha or whatever you call it where you have to prove you are not a robot and all was well. Then you read so much on how annoying it is to others and some won't comment because of it so I took it off and approved the messages before they were posted but I got SOOOOOOOO much spam! I was sick of constantly deleting it so I put that capcha thing back on there. Even though it is a pain to fill it out after you leave a comment, I don't have to deal with all the spam crap anymore.

Irene

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I know what you mean Irene, I just hate the capcha thingy - half the time I can't read what you are suppose to put in the box! Guess it is really old eyes or something

But I just love wiping out spam! I get they want "free" use of the internet to post whatever it is they are posting wherever they want to get the most "bang for their buck" so to speak.

but seriously - you post your spam on my I HATE Spam post?

I am really glad I had a Spam catcher - I just have to hit the "delete" button every day or so.

Thank you Blogspot for having that feature!