_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Shrimp Fra Diavolo

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Shrimp Fra Diavolo

I don't know about you but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shrimp.  I think it belongs in the MUST HAVE category of food groups - but I know there are people who don't like shrimp, or cant eat it (I'm sorry).

I saw this recipe on the Tupperware site and decided this will be made when all my shrimp lovers are around/home, I may have to make a double batch though .......


Shrimp Fra Diavolo

1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 anchovy filets
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 lb./455 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 cups Everyday Marinara
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 tsp. Simple Indulgence™ Italian Herb Seasoning Blend
1/2 cup parsley
8 oz./225 g pasta, like linguine

 Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a Chef Series™ 11"/28 cm Fry Pan over medium-high heat.
Add garlic, anchovies and red pepper flakes. Sauté until garlic is fragrant.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to pan.
Cook shrimp 1 minute per side and remove to a plate.
Add marinara sauce, wine and Seasoning Blend to the Fry Pan; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in Tupperware® Microwave Pasta Maker for 12 minutes.
Drain, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
Add parsley, pasta and shrimp to the sauce, along with any collected juices from the shrimp, toss to combine and add some of the reserved pasta water to thin the sauce.

No comments: