_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Angel Hair Pomodoro

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Angel Hair Pomodoro

I know I should be saying pasta is not on my "diet" list, but you know what - I can't.  I do love pasta and I have to have pasta every now and again or I will just go right off the diet deep end.  You know what I mean?

This one looks pretty good and uses some "fresh" veggies to make it good for you and I bet you could find some whole wheat Angel Hair to be good for you too.


Angel Hair Pomodoro


  • 8 oz./225 g angel hair pasta 
  • 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 
  • 2 green onions 
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled 
  • 8 oz./225 g cherry tomatoes, halved 
  • 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated 
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped 
  • 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt 
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper 


 Cook angel hair in Tupperware® Microwave Pasta Maker 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
Mince garlic and green onions in Chop 'N Prep™ Chef.
While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a Chef Series™ 11"/28 cm Fry Pan over medium-high heat. Add green onions and garlic and cook 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add tomatoes and cook 2-4 minutes, or until the tomatoes are tender and begin to break down slightly.
Add the pasta to the pan and toss with Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper until well coated.
Add reserved pasta water if the sauce seems too dry.
Top with additional Parmesan cheese and basil, if desired.
Serve immediately.


Remember all these products and more can be purchased from my Tupperware Site.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

Claudia Adelhardt said...

This sounds wonderful! With whole grain pasta, veggies and olive oil
do you think it could be considered a health food? :)

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I think with a whole grain angel hair it would be even healthier but remember all things in moderation even pasta!

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I think with a whole grain angel hair it would be even healthier but remember all things in moderation even pasta!