_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies Quick

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies Quick

I have had my Tupperware Pressure Cooker for the Microwave for about a year now and I have to say I am loving it more and more every day.  
I really like that you can make things that would normally take an hour or more in 30 minutes or less!  Yes 30 minutes or less.  And because you use your microwave, you don't have to "baby sit" the pot and they have all kinds of safety features so you can set it and feel good about using it.

Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetables.

I think that this would be a great recipe for the fall.  All kinds of wonderful root veggies cooked with chicken just calls out to be warmth and comfort.

Ingredients:
Instructions:

  • Put chicken into the base of the pressure cooker.  Do not pack into base. 
  • Add vegetables on top of chicken.
  • Mix together the liquid ingredients, broth through ketchup, to make a "smooth" mix. Stir in the herbs and pour over the chicken and vegetables, making sure the chicken, and at least some of the veggies are covered with the liquid mixture. 
  • Seal pressure cooker and microwave for 30 minutes.
  • Remove from microwave and allow the pressure to release naturally (usually about 10 minutes).

I haven't made this recipe, yet.  But I have heard that you can swap out the bone in chicken thighs for chicken breasts (I would use boneless), which for me is more like it or you can do a combo of both.

Just remember that the pressure cooker works by creating steam inside the cooker.  If you don't have enough liquid there will be no steam and what is inside will burn.  

Don't have the Tupperware Pressure Cooker? Check it out on my Tupperware Website, where you can find the Pressure Cooker and so much more.  You can even browse and shop in your PJs! 

No comments: