_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Veteran's Day 2013

Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day 2013

Today is the day that we honor "officially" all those wonderful men and women who have served our country over the years with honor.

We can never thank them enough for their service.  Hopefully they all know how much we appreciate what they have done to allow us to have the freedom that we have in this country.


Freedom isn't free, it is earned.  
It is a gift that is given to us because of the veteran who defended our right to be free.

I think that Lee Greenwood said it best in his song God Bless the USA.
He is Proud to be an American, just as I am, just as each and every member of our military is, just as our veterans are.


But to our Veterans, I wish I could personally thank each and every one of you for your service.  But this is the best I can do.

If I see you around town, or in an airport and thank you - please accept it for what it is - my heart felt thank you for what you have done and for what you have given to me and my family.



It is because of what you have given, what you have sacrificed so that I can continue to live in this land of the free.

A few years ago I shared this video on the Angel Flight  that should be viewed to see how our heroes are honored when they have given the ultimate sacrifice defending the call of freedom.   Grab your tissues before you view (Lee's song brings tears to my eyes and sometimes makes me cry but this one just makes me cry every time)

No comments: