_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Smoothie Mania

Monday, July 12, 2010

Smoothie Mania

My VitaMix got a work out again this morning for a great breakfast drink. I didn't use enough ice to make it a "smoothie" but it was cold and somewhat smoothie like.

I unfortunately forgot to take a picture - I guess I was just out of it this morning, sorry. This made a huge amount and took a while to drink - but it really really was tasty.

1 small banana
1/2 cup FF plain yogurt
1 scoop AnyWhey Protein Powder
2 tsp Hershey Dark Chocolate Cocoa
2 TBS Splenda
1 TBS Vanilla
1TBS FlaxSeed Meal
< 1/4 cup coconut water
ice


We will see how long this lasts and what I "need" for lunch today - but we started out the day on a good note :) since it appears that my weight loss battle is not in the "winning" ways.

On a "higher" note, I found a smoothie "cookbook" yesterday among my box of cookbooks that aren't on the shelf, that I will go through to see if I can find some more interesting meals to make. I remember getting this book years ago when my daughter just HAD to have a smoothie maker ...... I think its around here somewhere, but my VitaMix is SOOOOO much better than that was - because it does so much more and makes things so much smoother.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I think I may be asking for one of these for Christmas!

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I tell you Pam, it was expensive but I swear I use it almost every day, and it makes some of the BEST smoothies and "regular" drinks.

I am glad that I "splurged" on myself and picked one up, it was so worth it.