_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Day 5

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Day 5

Friday was Day 5 of my deliveries from The Fresh Diet.  I can not believe how much food and how great the food is!  I get all this great gourmet food (and it really is awesome AND I get to lose weight too - unbelievable but true.  Sorry this was posted late - I forgot to take it off of "draft" - I really was having a very busy day and well you will see.....

The day started badly - we had overslept - it was almost 6:15AM when we actually got out of bed.  Now for some this isn't oversleeping but  for me (5AM is the norm anymore) this was very late.  I came down the stairs to get coffee and get my little green buddy - at least some things are consistent.  But when I looked out my kitchen door my little buddy wasn't there!
I guess he decided that since I'm not getting deliveries over the weekend that he would take an extra long weekend.  But not to fear - he sent his little (ok big) blue cousin for a visit.

 I have to say he was filled with all kinds of wonderful choices - it must run in the family!

Breakfast was a fruit salad again with my much missed yogurt.  Specifically Fresh Fruit Salad with Mango, White Grapes, Pear, Honeydew, Strawberries and Cinnamon Apple Yogurt.  And of course a big mug of coffee.  Of course this was so good - thank you for something good to start the day Chef.

Lunch was a wonderful looking Salmon and Mozzarella Melt in a spinach wrap and a cup of green tea (see Ms Minnie there).  I have to admit I had high hopes for this - I mean what's not to like?  But I guess since my day was such a mess I should have figured something would be wrong.  I just didn't like this one.  It seemed "fishy" to me - so unlike the Salmon Salad I had the other day.  It also had olive slices - Kalamata  - and maybe because of the salty flavor of the olives, the fish was too fishy.  That being said I did eat it all and I did feel extremely full when I was finished.

My snack for the day was to die for!  Grilled Pineapple Rings Topped with Raspberry infused Mascarpone.  I am so in love with this one - I could have this every day - it even gave my cheese cake love a run for its money - so you KNOW this has to be good.

Dinner was so good, and I KNOW this picture does not do it justice.  Beef Kebab with Peppercorn Brandy Sauce with Spinach Couscous and Roasted Artichoke Hearts.  I need to do something about my color co-ordination of my sides though.  The green of the couscous and the light yellow/green of the artichokes ... didn't picture well, but did a good job of filling my belly.  The beef was so tender - even microwaving it to heat it did nothing to change the tender feel - I'm always afraid of making meat tough in the microwave - especially when I am warming something up.  Chef Yos and his crew must have THE touch because not one of my meals have had a problem in that area.

Now dessert was .......... cheesecake -   Coconut Cheese Cake to be specific.  Seriously did you think it would be something else?  It really looked fantastic and tasted amazing again, but I can't find the picture I took of it.  Can you believe it ?? I have no idea what happened I'm sure I took one.  But with everything else that was going on, I guess there had to be some "misses" here and there.  If I figure out what happened to it - I will post it later. 

2 comments:

Mimi said...

What a great treat to have such good food delivered to your door!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds pretty fabulous!!! I'm looking forward to finishing up my second cookbook this winter.