_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Book Review - Diet Enlightenment

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Book Review - Diet Enlightenment

I received a copy of this book to facilitate my review.  


One of the things that I liked about this book was that it was easy to read yet filled with a lot of information.

Rachel Pires starts her book by telling you that she is NOT a doctor or a nutritionist ... but is basically just like you and me, someone who was trying to manage this elusive life event called "weight loss" and then managing that loss for the rest of our lives.  She tells you how to change your thinking because we have been brainwashed to think weight loss is a complicated thing.  

I am very sure that many of you have tried what seems like hundreds of weight loss programs (I know I feel like I have) but don't have a lot to show for years of effort.  Oh you will lose weight while on the program but when you get back to "real life" living, those pounds and inches seem to find their way back .... and bring a few of their "friends" with them.

This isn't a book about which diet program to follow.

This isn't a book about which diet program is the best or the easiest to follow.

This is a book to help us manage our thinking about what the bottom line is in weight loss.   So that whatever program we chose to follow, it will make sense for the long run.  No quick fix, no fad diets, just simple (although not always easy to wrap your head around) information.  

It makes getting to our "healthy" weight much easier because it helps to make our program "make sense" and stop the "guilty" feels that I know I have always had, no matter what plan I have tried in the past.

This book is for anyone who wants to get to a healthy weight and then maintain it, with a plan that can work because you are taught how to make it work for you without having someone hold your hand or make you feel guilty if you slip.  It's real, its honest, its fun and most of all, gives you the tools to be successful.

Rachel Pires did it ... you and I can too.

As noted above, I received a copy of this book from the author to facilitate my review through the Tomoson program.  
I received no compensation for my honest opinions.  I will only recommend products that I feel will be of benefit to my readers.

No comments: