_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Gardening with Little Miss Greenfingers

Friday, January 27, 2012

Gardening with Little Miss Greenfingers





I was given a copy of  "Gardening with Little Miss Greenfingers" by Anja Koch to review and I have to say it is a wonderful find for anyone that has that "itch" to do something with dirt and have something to show for it when they are done, other than a mess.

This is a wonderful ebook about Growing Culinary Herbs In Containers that are Healthy & Delicious!  This is a must read for anyone that wants to successfully grow herbs in either a garden or a container (my choice). So now there really is no excuse - no reason to not grow your own herbs anymore.  Container gardening with herbs is just as fulfilling as in the "outdoors".  You can put your containers pretty much anywhere, including inside your home .....

Inside this book, there are discussions on 17 popular culinary herbs, like Basil and Oregano and Mint, just to name a few, so I am sure you will find at least a few that
  1. you know 
  2. you use in your cooking or 
  3. have seen in recipes but never thought it was easy to grow your own.

Another thing I loved about this ebook was that it showed me where I went wrong in the past.  I have tried to grow my own herbs in containers on my deck but they never really "took hold" or if they did ... I never really got to use them more than once or twice, if that.

I got to see that either my dirt was too wet or too dry depending on the herbs I chose or I tried to put the wrong ones together.  You know what I mean - one that likes LOTS of sun and one that needs at least part shade.  Or one that likes moist soil or one that needs to be watered from the bottom so the roots don't sit in wet soil for too long or the stems are too delicate for moist soil.

I've even picked up a few plants (mint and oregano) to make my own new containers for my kitchen sill.  I am looking for a couple of more (basil and maybe thyme) to "round" out my selection, but I have started and know that this time it will work!

I really enjoyed this ebook.  You can see that growing culinary herbs really isn't something to afraid of.  It really is something that makes you feel good, you get to "play in the dirt", as my mom use to say, and have something really useful when you are done, that lasts a long time.

The ebook is also available on Amazon for your  Kindle


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: