_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Shake and Bake Chickpeas

Monday, February 8, 2016

Shake and Bake Chickpeas

Personally I love using Chickpeas.  I use them in salads all the time and mashed in a hummus like spread on a veggie sandwich.

I've also seen them used in some diet programs to increase the daily fiber intake as well as help to lower the LDL levels (that's the bad stuff) and triglycerides.




Ingredients

  • 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
  • 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • ½ tsp. cumin
  • ½ tsp. coriander
  • 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  2. Combine ingredients in medium bowl (a Thatsa bowl would work great), seal and shake until chickpeas are fully coated.
  3. Spread coated chickpeas out onto baking sheet lined with Silicone Wonder® Mat.
  4. Bake 35–40 minutes or until dry and crunchy.
Now of course I have to see if I can used the canned version of chickpeas and just drain and dry with a paper towel and get the same results.  I've never seen "cooked" chickpeas unless it really does mean the canned kind. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen "in a bag" kind either.  

Have you?

I love all the options I get from being a Tupperware Consultant.  We get all these great recipe ideas and then can get the products to make them easily.  
Check it out, you might find that this is a great job or second job (where you get paid to party!) for you.   You can join right on my Tupperware website or we can chat about it.
Oh and join by Friday February 12th and you can get the Grater Master Shredder for just $5!

No comments: