_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Its Groundhog Day 2016

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Its Groundhog Day 2016

So it is that day.
The day everyone gathers around with cameras (and enough lights to light up the sky) to see if that groundhog sees his shadow.


Are we going to have 6 more weeks of winter? 
Or is Spring going to come early this year?

Tell me, are you happy with his prediction this year?

I know here on the East Coast, where I live, it has been an interesting winter so far.  
Christmas was in the 60's, when in the past, we have had a dose of the "white stuff" already.  

Then it got cold, more of a normal winter cold, and everyone was relatively happy.  Then even colder, unnaturally colder, and folks weren't so happy.  

When we got so much snow in one day, may cities broke or tied records, we got 26 inches of the stuff, people were asking for the warmer winter we started with.  

This week it is supposed to be in the 40's and 50's all week so what is left of the white stuff should be gone, except maybe the huge piles of stuff because they were running out of places to put all the snow.

This is how I like to watch that groundhog. Personally I think this is the best way to watch, with lots of laughs.  
I think Bill Murray was just perfect in some of the movies that featured a groundhog.  
Do you remember this one? 


Or how about where this one came from? And no they weren't from the same movie.


I hope that Phil has predicted an early Spring, but even if he doesn't I would be ok with 6 more weeks of Winter.  IF, that is, if the winter was just filled with cold and no more of the "white stuff" ... at least no more for my area.  

Cold we can deal with by putting on more clothes or heavier jackets and sweaters and scarves or just cuddling under some blankets or even throwing another log on the fire.  

People are crazy around here when the "white stuff" falls.  Sometimes I swear that Walmart has sales on NJ drivers licenses, or they are prizes in the Cracker Jack boxes, because of what I see on the roads ... but when that "white stuff" falls, I think three quarters of the state forgets how to drive!


If you want to know more about the history of Groundhog Day and Punxsutawney Phil, check out this page on Groundhog Day 2016


No comments: