_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: What problems can they solve

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

What problems can they solve

You know when you just need to share


I love when you can learn something yourself when you are trying to teach your kids.

I know when I was trying to decide what it was that I was going to do when I was "finished being a kid" and accept my "adult responsibilities" my parents were wise enough to not ask me what I wanted to be, but what did I wanted to try.

You see they had always raised us kids to "be" whatever we wanted to be, so we were able to always just "be".  Almost like free spirits able to try whatever we wanted to, to experience what we felt we wanted to experience.

In doing this, I believe we were able to experience/try a lot of different things without being pidgin-holed.  We were allowed to express ourselves in ways that many of our friends were not able to or never thought to.

I also think that is why my siblings and I all went different "adult routes" in our careers.

So the next time you talk to your kids or grand-kids, nieces or nephews, don't ask them what they want to be when they "grow up". Ask them what problem or problems they see around them that they want to solve.

You just never know, you could be talking to the one to solves some of the biggest problems facing our world.  Or just the biggest problem that faces them on that day.

No comments: