_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Help your children Fly!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Help your children Fly!

One of the things I have always told my kids was to try.
I think it was probably the number 2 thing I "harped" on, as they would tell me.  
(The first being that I loved them and always would, forever and always.)
I think this is part of what gave them the confidence to go out and try or should I say fly?


I would say it in "different" ways and not just a "why don't you try" comment.

Sometimes it would be "You can do it".
Sometimes it would be my "infamous" ... "Don't let anyone tell you that you can't because you are not "capable".  
Just smile sweetly and say "watch me".  
Then go out and DO it".

I think knowing that I would always be there to catch them if they fell, made them more willing to test their wings.

Now don't get me wrong, it has led to a few "mom moments" where I really wished I didn't give them so much confidence.  But they have always made me proud.

And not just when they succeeded in something that they wanted to do but also when they failed.  
The failing part was sometimes difficult to take, but they did make me proud in just the fact that they tried, that they were willing to take that chance to do something that they thought they could do, even if no one else thought they could.

No comments: