_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: What is Faith

Sunday, October 14, 2012

What is Faith

Perhaps today, being Sunday, is the perfect time to post this question.

Have you thought about it?  Have you listened to a talk or sermon or even had the discussion yourself about it?  What did you come up with for an answer to this question?

What is Faith? 

I received this definition the other day from one of my officemates that I have to admit was pretty straightforward but I think, hit the nail on the head.

What is Faith?

Faith is not believing that God can…
It is knowing that God will!!!

 Read these sentences very carefully…
 "To get something you never had,
   you have to do something you never did."

  When God takes something from your grasp He's not punishing you,
   but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

Concentrate on this sentence.
"The Will of God will never take you where
   the Grace of God will not protect you."

Now for just 25 Words,
'God, walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses
   and please watch over and heal my family in your name,
                 Amen.'  

This prayer is so powerful.  At least it is for me.  It speaks to me deep down in my heart and soul.  It is something that I know can happen if it is God's will.

Some of you may click on this and "defriend" me or "unfollow" my blog.  I hope you don't, but I will accept that it can happen and there is nothing that I can do to change that.

I hope that this has touched you just as it has touched me.  Think about it.

1 comment:

Becky Jane said...

I ♥ this post. Faith is such a vital part of our live and our true joy. I just finished a 6 month study on Faith. The Prophet Joseph Smith wrote a book called Lectures on Faith, and I've been studying it along with the scriptures and talks from the Apostles. It has been an inspiring journey! Thanks!