_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Chocolate Snack Cake

Monday, October 8, 2012

Chocolate Snack Cake

Yes two of my favorite things ... Chocolate and Snack Cakes.  I mean who doesn't like Chocolate and "Snack" Cakes?  Chocolate is a given, Cake is wonderful but if you can make it into a "snack" cake then the guilt is less when you indulge right?  I could see this as a wonderful Birthday Cake .... oh Happy Birthday dear brother ...

I found this recipe in an "old" Taste of Home Best Light Recipes from 2006!  I'm thinking I'm going to make this for me sometime today - I mean why not?  Right?

Chocolate Snack Cake

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg whites
  • 2/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
  • 1/3 cup Canola Oil
  • 2 squares (1 ounce each) Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
  • 2 tsp vanilla 
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup baking cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt

In bowl, beat eggs and egg whites.  Add applesauce, oil, chocolate and vanilla; mixing well.
Combine dry ingredients in another bowl.  Gradually add to egg mixture until just combined.
Pour into a 9 inch spring-form pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
Cool on wire rack.  Run knife around edges before removing sides.
Makes 12 servings.  Serve with 1/2 cup frozen vanilla yogurt

Now I will be making this in the base of my Tupperware Stack Cooker with cone insert that has been sprayed with cooking spray, and "cooking" it in the microwave ... for about 8 - 10 minutes.  Once cool, turn out on to my cake plate (I should have gotten one of Tupperware's Round cake carriers but alas not yet) and sift a little powdered sugar on top.  This way I can forgo the frozen yogurt (or ice cream) if I want .......... but hey I can have both too right?

I will post a picture later, once I make it, if I don't cut into it before I can take a picture.

And if I'm really really good today I will have the new creation by Tupperware - a Chocolate-tini!  I just saw this one the other day and I'm thinking oh yeah a definite must.  Now I have to find the recipe and it may very well include this in my list of celebration drinks/ideas.

Don't forget my giveaways, and don't forget my Tupperware party online (top right corner for both giveaway and Tupperware links).

No comments: