_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Shakeology - the new deal or just another plan ?

Monday, August 22, 2011

Shakeology - the new deal or just another plan ?


Recently my friend, Deborah Barlowintroduced me to Shakeology.  At first, I will admit I was a little skeptical.   To be honest, I was afraid that since Deb is also a Beach Body Coach this would be part of the beach body program with all kinds of tapes/dvds/exercise programs that I have seen on infomercials and in some stores that I would also need to buy.  I already have multiple DVD programs so more "equipment" was NOT what I needed.

When I first got 2 sample packets of Shakeology, I was thinking this is just another "diet plan" or "meal replacement plan" like I have tried many many times before - some working and some just making me feel pretty bad.  But I will be the first to say - I was wrong.  I was able to try both the chocolate and greenberry flavor packets (each make one drink) and I really liked them. 

This is NOT your typical meal replacement shake - it is NOT even close to those SlimFast Drinks that EVERYONE has tried at one time or another.  If it was - I would stop here and tell you to run in the opposite direction.

The first one I had was the chocolate one.  I did nothing but add water and ice to my VitaMix blender with the contents of the packet and gave it a "whirl".   The instructions don't say you must use a blender - but I just have a thing for my blender.  My blender pretty well blended this mixture into a wonderful chocolate shake in about 90 seconds.   It had NO resemblance to a "diet" drink in any way shape or form.  And I didn't add anything to this packet.  They have some wonderful sounding recipes for the chocolate mix on the website.

This morning I had quite a bit of running around to do, and didn't have time for breakfast, which we all know is NOT a good thing to do, but I kept thinking I really wasn't hungry.   As I was getting dressed, I was trying to think about what I could grab so I would have something before I left and I remembered I had the Shakeology greenberry mix.  I knew I could have something and hopefully not be starving by lunch or worse yet, stop at some fast food drive-thru.

This time when I made my shake, I used 1 cup of my home-made yogurt (since directions say use milk or water), the greenberry mix and some ice.  When I first tasted this, I was hit with a funny aftertaste - not strong, but definitely something.  I wasn't sure if it was from the yogurt or the mix or both.   So I put it back into the VitaMix and added 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 medium banana - whizzed it again and the taste was perfect.   They also have recipes for the greenberry mix on the website, but because I hadn't pre-planned, and was late, I didn't have time to make one of these interesting recipes - but I'm thinking that I will be doing some of these soon too.

Their website has a section for questions that covers a lot of the questions I had - and some I didn't have but was glad it was there.  I think the site is well laid out so that you can get answers before you order.  But once you start using the Shakes and  think of something you want to "check out", you can ask questions here too.  They will get you an answer.  

Even if you are not on a diet, but need to have something for a quick meal, this is perfect.  Although it does make a shake, it is nothing like the SlimFast Shakes or those Carnations Instant Breakfast.  The Shakeology shakes taste good and don't leave you with those "undesirable" afteraffects that I (and others) have experienced with those other shakes.

I'm hooked.  Yes after 2 shakes, I'm hooked.  I will be ordered a supply for my kitchen.  My only dilemma is do I just get the chocolate or do I get the combo pack of 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 greenberry?  Decisions, decisions, decisions ........... Talk with my friend Deb and you too could be doing Shakeology Shakes by next week - I know I will be! 


No comments: