What do you think?
Shall we try it?
- 4 PERDUE® PERFECT PORTIONS® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, All Natural (1.5 Lbs.)
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning With Pepper, To Taste
- 1/2 Red Onion Diced Small (About 3/4 Cup)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Diced Small (About 1/2 Cup)
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic Or 1 Clove Finely Chopped Fresh Garlic
- 1 can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed (15.5 Ounces)
- 1/2 can Whole Kernel Corn (About 3/4 Cup)
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Avocado Diced Small (About 1 Cup)
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp. Roughly Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with Adobo and add to the pan.
- Brown the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 170°F.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic.
- Cook on medium heat just until the onions begin to become translucent, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans, corn and cumin.
- Continue cooking until warmed through, approximately 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
- Stir in the avocado, lemon juice and cilantro until combined.
- Serve bean mixture warm atop chicken breasts.
I bet this salsa will taste great on its own with some home-made tortilla chips too. Oh yes this is definitely going to be tried in my house.
Thank you Perdue for a wonderful idea.