_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: I'm in a special competition ... are you?

Friday, June 26, 2015

I'm in a special competition ... are you?

I saw this one and thought that this is so much better than just saying "stop competing with everyone else".

First I don't think that is completely possible. Society seems to think that we need to be in competition.  And in some things it is good to be in a competition with someone. Sometimes that someone is YOU.

What we need to do though, is recognize that just because we are in a competition it doesn't mean it needs to be to your detriment. Sometimes it is for the good of everyone that we compete.


Some days it mean that you need to stop competing with everyone else and realize that YOU are better than yesterday and THAT is all you need, all that really matters.  That is all you can ask for and still be happy.

Some times it means that you don't need to be a superstar in everyone's eyes, you just need to be better than yesterday and then you are a star.

3 comments:

Literary Winner said...

I feel that this is especially true in parenting. Nobody is the best parent but we are the best parent to our particular kids. Thanks for the reminder that we are awesome!

MikiHope said...

I have always felt this way--I compete with only one person--me!!

Liz Mays said...

I think setting our own goals to get better as individuals is a great idea. Each day offers a new chance.