_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Don't let anyone tell you differently

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Don't let anyone tell you differently

When my daughter was in grade school, this really still annoys me to no end, one of her counselors told me that "we" should "discourage" her from what she says she wants to do.  He said he believed that she just isn't "capable" ... I stopped dead in my tracks and at a very hushed voice, in a tone he could not miss, I told him in no uncertain terms that he was to NEVER tell her that.  I went so far as to tell him that if I EVER heard that he or ANYONE in the school district told her that there would be hell to pay.

I have told her and have encouraged her, to do what she wants to do - what she believes that she can do.  This became her motto to live every day.



She is a senior at a NJ University who will have a degree in one of the Sciences and a minor in History.

I can't tell you how much I would LOVE to be able to look that "know it all" counselor in the eye and say .. TOLD YOU.

Make sure your children or grandchildren know that you stand behind them and that THEY CAN do whatever they put their minds to.  Be their encouragement in a world of discouragers.  Sometimes that's all they need to prove that they CAN.

No comments: