_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Fighting Children's Cancer - What Cancer Cannot Do

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fighting Children's Cancer - What Cancer Cannot Do

I took some time off from fighting those tax forms to support a wonderful cause.


As I sat listening to some of the stories of those who had been helped in the past year, and the great kids who were given scholarships who have been fighting the fight and still moving forward, the one thing that kept flashing through my mind was ..... But for the grace of God go I. 

I have two great kids.  Oh we had our trials and tribulations, as all parents with kids do, but this was one fight we did not have to fight.  I will be honest, I don't know how they do it.  I don't know if I would have had the fortitude that some of these parents (and kids) have, to go on each and every day and continue to fight no matter how difficult the day may be.  Yes they could be called heros, maybe not in the traditional way, but for their friends and families they most certainly are.

This wonderful piece was placed at each table, that I had to pass on to you 

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited ...

It cannot cripple love.                      It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.                    It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendship.                  It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot silence courage.                It cannot invade the soul.
It cannot steal eternal life.               It cannot conquer the spirit.

                                                                                                                    ~ Author Unknown.



Check out their Facebook Page Fighting Children's Cancer Foundation  where you can see what was happening last night and hopefully it will continue to expand the foundations reach.

If you might be interested in lending a hand, by making a contribution or by volunteering or just want to learn more about this great foundation, check out their Foundation Web Site



4 comments:

Jennifer Comet Wagner said...

This is such a great post. Cancer is so devastating, I never thought that an uplifting article could be written having anything to do with it. But you did it.

Middle-aged Diva (Carol) said...

I love this. xoxo

Shelley Zurek -- Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

Thank you. My BIL is in the final stages of Liver cancer. I was able to send this to he and his wife just now. THanks for letting me be able to give them something!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this really great way to expose and educate people on a much needed cause!