_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Garlic and Pecan Chicken

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Garlic and Pecan Chicken

Did you pick up one of the Tupperware Stack Cooker Systems that were on sale for the month of September?  If not hurry on over to my Tupperware site with your credit card and pick one up before Sept 28th at midnight, when the sale is finished and October will begin....

Anyway, IF you did pick it up I found another wonderful recipe that you can make with the Tupperware Stack Cooker.  I have to say I haven't tried making it, yet, but I bet this would be a wonderful Sunday Supper!   This one was found in a Better Homes & Garden Special Edition Recipe Magazine from 2009 (yes I have LOTS of these type of magazines I've saved), that I modified for the microwave and our StackCooker.

Garlic and Pecan Chicken 
  • Whole Chicken, 3 - 4 lbs
  • 6 cloves Garlic, sliced
  • 2/3 cup finely chopped Pecans
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 TBSP fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme crushed)
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Prepare chicken (rinse/clean) for cooking.  Make small slits in chicken breast and put sliced garlic in each slit.  Put chicken into 3 qt casserole, breast up.  Combine Pecans, Butter, Thyme, Salt and Pepper is a small bowl (after melting butter in micro pitcher from set would be a great place to combine all this).  Pat this mixture on top of chicken.
Cover chicken and place in microwave.  Microwave for 7 minutes per pound.  Let rest, cover on for 5 minutes.  Chicken is done, when juices run clear, and temperature is 170 °F (for white meat) and 180°F (for dark meat).
As I said, this sounds really good and I bet you can change out the Pecans for another type of nut, but I think this would also make some really flavorful "leftovers" to use in a number of recipes that call for "cooked" chicken.  I am looking for some of those to share as well. 
Until then, if you didn't get your Stack Cooker from Tupperware .... hurry to my Tupperware site, the sale is only good for 3 more days!  Then it goes up almost $50!  Still a great price for what you get, but hey if you can get one for under $90 (before tax and shipping) then you would be ahead of the game, right?


No comments: