_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Tuesday the Fresh Diet Way

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tuesday the Fresh Diet Way

I am running a day behind with my Fresh Diet meals, because of the delivery issues in the Northeast on Monday - where my meals didn't arrive until late morning (I'm really hating this winter already).  I decided that I would keep my meals together as they were planned - just a day behind.  So on Tuesday I ate what would have been my Monday meals.  If you are following along on the Fresh Diet Facebook Page, you may see differences in what others had today - that's why. 

Breakfast was Apple Ricotta Cheese Crepes with Fresh Strawberries.  I have had this one before, I believe it is the one that made me decide that this would be a nice entree and that it is much more filling than it appears sitting on the plate.  Today was no exception.  I really don't know what it is but those little crepes really do fill you up and make waiting until noon for lunch rather "easy" and some times even past noon.

Lunch was my Philly Cheese Steak Whole Wheat Wrap with Sauteed Bell Pepper and Mozzarella Cheese.  Yes this is my "beloved" sandwich.  It is the first lunch I had way back in October, when I first started with The Fresh Diet.  They do have different variations - some with mushrooms, some with bell peppers - all GOOD.  Today was no exception.  This is a fabulous lunch!

My snack for today was a Mini Whole Wheat Sweet and Sour Sloppy Joe.  This was so good on the little mini pita wedges.  The sloppy joe mixture was an interesting combination of the sweet and sour that was a little more sweet than sour - but it really hit the spot.

Dinner was Sesame Soy Grilled Tofu with Whole Wheat Linguine Pasta and Honey Glazed Beets.  Because I was making a Buffalo Chicken for the rest of the family, I decided to put my Tofu in the oven for the last 10 minutes or so of the chicken cooking.  I put a little Pam on a baking pan and popped my Tofu on the pan and after about 5 minutes "flipped" it over.  I want to say this was a wonderful way to reheat this.  The outside of the tofu was a little more firm than when I had Tofu before.  The inside was still soft and somewhat creamy - although wasn't falling apart when you cut into it.  Surprising ... I'm really starting to like  love Tofu.  The Honey Glazed Beets were as always great.  I sliced them into nice bite size slices to eat with my sliced tofu -- combining both flavors and textures was perfect.  I am also getting use to the different flavor and texture of the Whole Wheat Pastas, although this one could have used just a teeny tiny bit of salt.

Dessert was White Chocolate Chip Cappuccino Cheese Cake.  mmmmmmm can you say heaven?  Wonderful combination of flavors and textures (I love the sneaky little chips that you get). 

I seriously do not want to wake up if this is a dream ---- I really am liking looking at my scale (and for anyone on a diet you know how much of an accomplishment THAT is)

No comments: