_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Life's Little Lessons

Monday, May 24, 2010

Life's Little Lessons

We have made it to another week in our journey through Life's Little Instruction Book.

84. Forget the Joneses.
Who are the Joneses anyway? And who really cares? Unless you are a Jones, that is.
Don't worry about whether you are as good or better than anyone else or that you have more than someone else. Push yourself to be the best you can be - you could surprise yourself.

85. Never encourage anyone to become a lawyer.
We've all heard the lawyer jokes and some aren't far from the mark - enough said

86. Don't smoke.
Once you start it is one of the hardest things to quite - do yourself a favor and don't start.

87. Even if you're financially well-to-do, have your children earn and pay part of their college tuition.
I flunked this one - not once but twice. But I'm not hanging my head on this one.

I paid for my son's college tuition, room and board and book - he had to earn his "spending" money. He worked hard over each summer and breaks but that money was his.

I am currently paying for my daughter's tuition and books (she lives at home right now) and will pay for room and board when she transfers to a 4 year school just like I did for Dan. She also works weekends and summer breaks for her "spending" money, and again that's hers.

1 comment:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Love the lessons. Especially not keeping up with the Joneses.

Great post.

Rachel