_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: International Talk like a Pirate Day

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

International Talk like a Pirate Day

Did you know that today was an "International" Holiday?

Have you ever heard of Talk like a Pirate Day? 



I know I never had ---- I guess I've been living under a rock or something --- since today was named International Talk like a Pirate Day for more than 10 years now!

Back in 1995, after an injury that caused his voice to "change" as a reaction to the pain.  Ok so it was when he was reacting to being hit with a racketball he said "Aaaarrrr", and the idea was born.

And of course I missed the reference in the Harry Potter Series where  Hermione Granger's birthday is on the same day as "Talk Like a Pirate Day," and the jokes about the Hogwarts student trading in her wizarding education for a piracy career.

So instead of saying Good morning or Hello today we should all say "Ahoy Mateys".

1 comment:

Nancy Hill said...

Oh you did your research! Aye Matey, now if I can just find some buried treasure, I will be one happy pirate!