_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: September 11, 2001 - 2011

Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001 - 2011

Can you believe it has been 10 years!

It's been 10 years since we were able to see this beautiful sight.







I guess because I live so close to New York City, and could see the twin towers from a few locations in my town, I know I can't.  It still, even after all this time, feels like yesterday that we were living this nightmare.


Let us never forget.  Not the beauty of the towers, not the sacrifices of so many, nor the unity of spirit and country that occurred that day. 



One of the things I remember is agreeing to allow my son (not quite 16) to join the local volunteer fire department as a junior fireman right after this - and I kept thinking WHAT am I doing?  But I guess deep down I knew it was his "calling".  He was determined to make a difference.

 Here he is (in blue shirt) with some of his friends from our local volunteer department after his graduation from the academy.  Today, although he is not in the same company (or even the same state) he is still following that calling, no longer as a volunteer but as a professional - he still makes me feel so proud.  Virginia Beach - you ARE lucky to have him.  He is driven, he is called, he IS ....... but then again I might be just a little bit prejudice (but that is a mom's right).

I hope that you never have to meet him .... but if you do - I know he will be there for you, just as he has been for so many already.


Let us never forget the sacrifices of everyone on that day, nor any of the individuals who gave their lives and those that continue to do so, that we could continue to live free in America.

Last year I invited you to read this very thought provoking poem 


This year I invite you to read it again 
and to 
never forget.

No comments: