_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Restocking after Hurricane Irene

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Restocking after Hurricane Irene

I have finally gotten rid of everything that had to be thrown out after losing power for so long after Hurricane Irene came through and pretty much KO'd us for awhile.  Just cleaning up everything was a major chore, let alone getting everything out to the garbage (a little at a time).  I really have to thank my garbage men - they were really good about all the "extras".

I know I won't have all the things we had in the freezers before (at least not even close for a long time, if ever) but I do think I can start to restock the things that we use all the time.  You know the ground beef , chicken, fish/shrimp and pork that were the staples of our kitchen cuisine.

I am going to have to figure out how to organize my chest freezer so that I can tell exactly WHAT is in there at all times.  This is what I have come up with so far.

I am going to find some baskets of some kind so I can separate each type of protein. 
I am going to keep some kind of a list of what is in the freezer that WILL be kept up to date.

So tell me what kinds of things do you do to keep everything straight?
What do you do to keep track of what you actually have in the freezer?

And finally ...... please share what kinds of freezer foods you have.  Do you do like some I've seen that have "fill the freezer" cooking days/weekends?  If you do - what kinds of things do you make and how do you keep everything from getting "old"?

I really can't wait to hear what you all do.  I am pretty much overwhelmed right now, after throwing out so much stuff.  I was making dinner the other night and I went to get something to add to the pan and then remembered ........ I hadn't replaced it after the massive toss.

No comments: