_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Restaurant

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Restaurant

Guest post from: Bruno Smith

It is a sad day down in my hometown.

 One of my favorite restaurants is closing down. It is a family owned restaurant that has been opened since the beginning of time it seems. I have memories of eating at that place almost every Sunday after church and there are pictures on the walls of my grandmother and grandfather eating there when they were kids.

Now when I hear the name Snooky, it will only mean someone is talking about that crazy girl who is on a reality show on directv.   It seems as more and more big chain restaurants come to our little hometown, more and more of the mom and pop stores are closing.

Not that I didn't want those chains to come because I did. I just wish they could coexist, but it seems that they can't. Soon enough my hometown will be like every other growing city that has all the recognizable stores and restaurants. I am going to see if I can get one of the booths from Snooky's to put in my kitchen. What a piece of history that would be!

No comments: