_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Tuesday's Fresh Diet (wading around the snow piles)

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tuesday's Fresh Diet (wading around the snow piles)

I was actually rather surprised to see my Fresh Diet delivery person around 10:30AM or so with all the snow and ice, I would have thought it would have been canceled, yes it is that bad out here.  I think it is official this is the worst winter in 15 years.  I think we are also on track to beat the snowfall levels for 1996 - NOT a record I would have wanted to break. 


Breakfast was Tri-color Pepper and Cheddar Egg Bake with Fresh Pineapple.  The only thing that I do with this meal is cut the fruit, in this case pineapple, into smaller pieces.  Sometimes the pieces are a little big.  But seriously if that is the only thing that needs to be done besides warm it up ... I think it is a winner!   I have to say this is usually a very filling breakfast, but today for some reason, it just didn't do it for me.  I was hungry long before it was even close to lunchtime.  But like I said - that was really surprising to me.





Snack today was Whole Wheat Chicken Quesadilla with Pepper Jack Cheese and Mango Salsa.  Yes it is a Pepper Jack kind of a day.  This was my make it to lunch snack but it also made it so I could push lunch back a little bit.  It was a very nice bridge between breakfast and lunch.
 

  
 Lunch was Whole Wheat Pizza Alfredo with Portabella Mushrooms and Pepper Jack Cheese.  Pizza - can you believe that you can have pizza and still stay on a diet?  I'm telling you, I never ever would have guessed it could be this easy.  This particular meal, because of the pepper jack cheese, was spicier than most of the pizzas I have had, but so very very good.  I'm not sure if you didn't like spicy food, you would have liked this one but I LOVED it.



Dinner was Grilled Chicken Breast with Apricot Curry Sauce with Steamed Snow Peas and Steamed Asparagus.  Now I know I had chicken yesterday - but this was another version of "sauce" that was interesting.  I really love The Fresh Diet veggies.  Both were steamed today which left them nicely crisp even after reheating.  I know it shouldn't be so hard to do - but most of the time when I try to steam something it ends up "overdone" very quickly and that's before I try to reheat it.  The snow peas were really sweet.  I was a little surprised - I had to look again to make sure I didn't have sugar snap peas.


Dessert was Pistachio Crusted Chocolate Dipped Figs.  It really does amaze me that there are so many things that I had "missed out" on before I tried The Fresh Diet.  I had never had Figs before, but now I love them.  I always look for them on the menu list for snacks when I'm selecting my meals.  I'm even going to try and see if I can make these for "others" in my family.  These are just so good.  Two figs are really more than enough (this pic shows one cut  in half - so you can see they are pretty big)

The Fresh Diet has not only broadened my food choices and allowed me to try some good foods I may never have tried before, but it is also allowing me to lose weight.  Now with the weather and holidays I haven't been eating The Fresh Diet meals every day (as you can tell by my blogging history) but it has helped me lose 12 pounds and keep it off.  I am hoping that over the next few months I will lose even more while I wade through the upcoming tax season (usually a bad time for me diet-wise).  I intend to continue blogging about my meals, complete with pictures, as I go through the season.  I may even include some of the comments/thoughts of my co-workers as they see what I am eating while they go with high carb/high fat quick fix meals.  Who knows I may even be able to convert a few of them too.

I know I sound like a walking talking billboard for The Fresh Diet.  I'm sorry - no I'm not sorry - I really am so glad that I found this company with the help of my friend Donna B.  It IS the best thing I have done for myself in a very long time.

No comments: