If like us, there is always a green bean casserole or green bean "something" on the holiday table, this is something you just might want to stop and take notice of.
- ½ fennel bulb
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 lemon, juiced with Zest ’N Press® Gadget
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. coarse kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Using food guider, slice fennel using Mandoline round knob set to #2, triangular knob to “lock” and select the straight v-shaped blade insert.
- Place slices in SmartSteamer colander tray.
- Place green beans in SmartSteamer base. Placing the colander tray on top and cover.
- Fill water tray with 1¾ cups water and place the steamer base over water tray, cover and microwave on high power 10 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice, mustard, 1/3 cup olive oil, salt and pepper in Quick Shake® Container.
- Add cooked green beans, fennel, pecans and cranberries into a large bowl with the dressing and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
I am definitely going to see about adding this to our holiday table as a different side dish. May even "replace" the "old" standard Green Bean Casserole.
Check out all the Tupperware pieces on my Tupperware Site, where you can order any time of day or night, even in your PJs.