_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Friday Edition of My Fresh Diet Journey

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friday Edition of My Fresh Diet Journey

I just love being able to open my refrigerator and see my meals for the day all ready and waiting for me.  As things start to get hectic/busy around here it is "refreshing" to know that I don't have to worry about what I am going to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  A quick reheat (in most cases) and I am sitting down eating without having to run through the local fast food joint or have take out again.

Breakfast this morning was Cranberry Orange Muffin with Fresh Pineapple and Vanilla Yogurt.  I was going to cut this in half and "grill" it for a different breakfast this morning, but I couldn't.  I couldn't because the Pineapple is soooo fresh there was a little extra juice from the pineapple that was absorbed by the muffin making it a little more difficult to slice.  This is the first time this has happened but I just warmed it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds and had a nice warm muffin with yogurt and pineapples on the side.  And rather full, if I was going to gauge my "fullness" level.


Lunch was Philly Cheese Steak on a Whole Wheat Wrap with Sauteed Mushrooms.  I really love these wraps.  I had been running all morning getting things ready for my busy season and when I got home about 12:30 I just popped this wrap in the toaster oven to reheat while I was bringing everything in.  Because I was "multi-tasking" I have to admit I probably left the wrap in the oven longer than I would have normally done (the outside of the wrap was a little crispy) but it was still great.  I think I will make my wraps this way from now on - no more heating in the microwave - although it is good doing it that way.   Being able to reheat it in the toaster oven made it was nice and warm on the inside but just a little crispy on the outside.  Really was perfect.


My snack for today was Grilled Portabella Topped with Yellow Tomato, Basil, Fresh Mozzarella & Balsamic Vinaigrette.  Let me tell you this Portabella was HUGE, even when it was cut in half!  It was really a great snack.  I am so glad that I noticed this one on the list of snacks for the day.  Remember you get to pick 2 separate snacks/desserts out of a list of 6.    The mozzarella and basil are such a great combination and the vinaigrette was perfect.  I can't believe I am gushing about a vinaigrette ..... But this was really so good - I will definitely be looking for this one again.


Dinner was a Walnut Crusted Chicken Apricot Roulade with Wild Rice & Cranberry Pilaf and Steamed Brocoflower.  This was surprisingly good.  I was looking for a different entree when I was selecting my meals, and although I have eaten a lot of chicken this was another variation.  When I heated this, the chicken was hot, but the inside - the Apricot Roulade - was warm so you ended up with different textures and temperatures and flavors.  I loved it.  The Apricot flavor was so nice with the chicken.  My daughter also had this meal and thought it was fantastic.  She actually said that she was going to look and see if it was offered again during the time she had to receive The Fresh Diet meals.

Dessert was Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.  There were so many chocolate chips in this cheesecake ... it was almost as if it was a second layer of crust - a very tasty crust at that!  Yes, Jenn had one of these too.  Definitely my daughter .... a cheesecake lover!  I would have inserted a picture here ...... but when I was taking it out of the refrigerator it fell on the floor (still in the container - shweeew) but was no longer picture presentable.  Sorry - it was in too many pieces when I flipped the container back over.   So I just opened the container and "dug in". 

The reheating instructions on the menu was a nice touch and gives you a clue as to what to do with each meal to make it the best it can be.  I think this was a great addition to the menu - especially for people who either don't cook or haven't had some of the things that are offered.  They remove that doubt - do I heat or don't I?  Do I make it lukewarm or hot?   It is a great way to start and then you can adjust the heat or no heat as you see fit.  But remember all microwaves are different so if you have a very powerful one or an "older" one you may have to adjust your time too. 

No comments: