_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Monday Edition

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Fresh Diet - Monday Edition

Well it is the end of January - can you believe it?  I can't believe the month is gone.  Hopefully it will put an end to some of this weather we have been having - snow was never my friend, especially as an adult and at these levels!   There is NO PLACE to put the stuff anymore.  I feel like I am driving in and out of snow tunnels all the time.  But I can say that my meals from The Fresh Diet did arrive so that I could enjoy them before heading out in this mess.


Breakfast this morning was Apple Pistachio Muffin with Fresh Watermelon and Blueberry Yogurt.  I so love the muffins from The Fresh Diet.  They have a nice flavor without being overbearing - you know its a flavor but it doesn't smack you in the face saying "I am HERE", if you know what I mean.  And moist ..... they are so very moist but still stay together that you can "cut them with a fork" if you so desire, without having them fall apart into crumbs.  The watermelon was nice today.  Even in January it had flavor - sometimes when I get fruit at this time of year it is bland tasting - this was a nice watermelon flavor.  The blueberry yogurt, however, was flat.  It was definitely yogurt, but I couldn't detect anything "blueberrish" about it, so the color was deceiving.  I would have thought there were blueberries mashed/blended into the yogurt to give it that nice color and a blueberry flavor.  Not today - but since I like yogurt it didn't really bother me.

Lunch today was Lemon Pepper Grilled Shrimp Salad with Yellow Tomato, Romaine Lettuce, whole wheat Croutons with Ranch Dressing.  There were 4 good sized shrimp in this salad, which I cut into 3 or 4 pieces (depending on the size) so that I could have some shrimp with each bite.  I know in the picture here it is difficult to tell (I guess I should have taken the picture first) but they are in there.  I ended up with someplace between 12 and 16 pieces of shrimp, not tiny pieces either, in my salad.  The croutons were "soft" and not the normal crunchy type, but still very good. 

Snack was Mushroom Crown Stuffed with Sauteed Garlic Beef with Tomato Sauce.  This was new for me.  I don't think I had ever seen this offered, and I am glad that I chose it for today.  The beef stuffing was really very good, but since I'm a lover of garlic (or gahhhhlic) I thought it could have used a little bit more.

Dinner was Grilled Chicken Breast with Roasted Yellow Pepper and Shallot Sauce with Sauteed Ruby Swiss Chard and Oregano Broccoli Mash.  The chicken breast was surprisingly moist - I know they have been in the past, but this just looked a little dry when I took it out of the container - but it really was moist except for a little teeny tiny spot at the very edge of the "tip" (less than a bite).  I enjoyed the Oregano Broccoli Mash, although it was rather smooth, ie no real "pieces" to add additional texture.  The jury is still out on the Ruby  Swiss Chard.  I've never had this before, so I'm not sure if I liked it or not.  At least I know its not a flat out dislike - I will try this again to see if I like it or not.  My momma would be proud - I'm trying it again just to make sure.

Dessert was Pineapple Cheese Cake.  This is one of my favorite "fruit" cheesecakes offered.  I've not had any pineapple "pieces" in this cheesecake but there is a definite pineapple flavor.  It really does taste nice. 

All in all I was very happy with my meals today.  On the menu it now has reheating instructions, which I know was a suggestion of some of the fans on The Fresh Diet Facebook page.  It tells you what should be eaten cold, heated for 30 - 45 seconds or heated for 1 - 1:20 minutes, which is a nice addition, especially if you have never had some of the entree items.  The breakfast muffin says to eat cold - but I admit I did heat it for 30 seconds in my microwave ... just to take the chill out of it.  But I happen to like it that way - its your choice.

No comments: