_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet does Tuesday

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Fresh Diet does Tuesday

Well I am feeling so much better, thank you.  I really hope you don't end up with this mess, whatever it was that I had.  I can honestly say, even without a temperature, it took another 24 hours after being hit with whatever it was on Sunday to be able to eat and feel human.

Once again my Fresh Diet Fairy (wonderful delivery person) left my bag of meals sitting right outside my kitchen door.  It really is a wonderful thing to see.  Sitting there so proud of what was inside, waiting for me.  I do have to say that I was a little concerned that my meals might be too heavy or too much after being sick - but I brought my buddy inside and "broke him" open.


Breakfast was Ruby Swiss Chard, Oyster Mushroom and Mozzarella Egg Bake with Fresh Pear.  To be honest, I don't know if I tasted the Swiss Chard for all the mushrooms or not.  This was really a very interesting combination, with the mushrooms and mozzarella.  I will order this one again, it was not as heavy as it appeared, although it was a very dense breakfast.


Lunch was a Tuna Burger on Whole Wheat Bun with Cucumber and Avocado Salsa.  This is out of sight!  I love when the burgers are "hand-made" and not the pressed or stamped out burgers.  I did heat the burger, without the bun, in wax paper so that it stayed moist when the microwave hit it.  I have found this is one of the best (and safest) way to heat up the proteins.  I will DEFINITELY be putting this option on my list of loves for lunch.  This would even be great as a dinner (sans the bun) with some sides.  The Avocado Salsa was really really good.  It added that little something to the burger that wouldn't have been there with a mayo based or tomato based sauce.


Snack was an Artichoke Bottom Filled with Creamy Cauliflower.  I have had this snack before, and have to say that it still does not disappoint.  The cauliflower filling is a wonderful combination of the cauliflower and cream cheese that still has a definable texture and not super smooth.


Dinner was Stuffed Chicken Asiago and Tarragon with Carrot and Rutabaga Mash and Honey Glazed Beets.  I enjoyed the chicken and the filling very much.  The Asiago was actually a stronger flavor than I expected, so I'm not sure if it was the added tarragon or just the cheese itself with the chicken, but it was a nice combination.  I always like the Beets, especially because it is not the sweeter harvard beets that you usually find (think salad bar version).  You actually get to taste the beets because the honey glaze isn't strong or sweet.  The Carrot and Rutabaga mash on the other hand ....... I don't know that I've ever had rutabaga so I'm not sure if its the carrot or the rutabaga that I don't like ..... but THIS side is history.  I like carrots, I've even had the farmer's carrots from The Fresh Diet, but both mashes I have had that were made with carrot, not a good option for me.


Dessert today was Apple Cinnamon Cheese Cake.  I opted to not have this today and not because I decided that I didn't want cheesecake.  I was actually so full today I had NO PLACE to put this piece of lushness.  It was sitting in my refrigerator waiting for me, but I just couldn't.  I will be honest, I don't know if it was just coming back from not eating much for almost 2 days or if there was just too much food for me today.  Yes there are days when it does seem like there is way too much food.  So this super yummy (I know because I have had their cheesecake so many times before) little treat is waiting for me.  I will either have this in the next day or two or put it in the freezer (wrapped in wax paper) for a day when I need a pick me up!

Check out the Fresh Diet Facebook page because there is always something going on there.  SuperBowl Sunday they had a quick contest to come up with a advertisement (since the ads were pretty lame this year) for a free week of meals.  Yes I was lucky to win that one!  And right now there is a contest to show your Fresh Diet bag "out and about".  Now if you aren't a customer they want you to create your own bag and take it "out and about".  There have been a few really cute ones - but you should go check it out and maybe submit your own version.  Who knows, you could be the winner of a free week of The Fresh Diet meals.  Come on - you have to be in it to win it.  Hmmmm where did I hear that before???

Make sure you check out my Winter CSN giveaway - easy to enter (3 chances/ways to win) open until Feb 16th.  I'd like to win this one - there are so many things I would use it for!

No comments: