_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Nov 29

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Nov 29

Well my buddy is back again!  It is just another one of the many benefits offered by The Fresh Diet.  I took the week off because of Thanksgiving, with all the traveling and getting things together for our closing.  All I needed to do was mark my deliveries each day as "hold" and then there was nothing going to waste, nothing delivered while I wasn't here.

I do have to say that it was nice to see my little buddy waiting for me Monday morning.  My husband is away for a few more days so I thought it would be just perfect to see my buddy waiting and I knew I would be eating well without having to do anything.  Jenn is sooooo jealous, unfortunately with closing in just a few days, I can't afford to get her a delivery of her own.  But she still manages to taste every meal she is here for.

Breakfast this morning was Apple Ricotta Cheese Crepes with Fresh Strawberries.  I know you look at these and say "THAT will not fill me up and I will be starving before 10".  I thought that when I had my first meal of crepes - but I was really surprised.  Today was no exception.  I had breakfast a little after 7AM, my crepes with a huge mug of coffee (need the caffeine jolt every day) and then went about doing all those final things for closing and the laundry after our trip.  It wasn't until a little after noon that I even realized what time it was - and it wasn't because I was hungry!

Lunch was The Philly Cheese Steak on a Whole Wheat Wrap with Sauteed Bell Peppers & Mozzarella Cheese.  This tasted different from the one I had for my very first Fresh Diet lunch but just as good.  Perhaps it had more bell peppers this time so I tasted the peppers more, not sure but it is still my favorite.  I really could have this once a week and be a very happy camper.

My snack for today was Strawberry Vanilla Pudding.  When Jenn saw this one, she said, "so what's that one?"  When I told her she wasn't thrilled - but still wanted to taste it.  It really doesn't look like it has anything strawberry in it, but you can definitely taste it with each spoonful.  It's not an overpowering strawberry but you do know that it is not "just" vanilla.  Very creamy.  I really do enjoy those pudding snacks.  Sometimes I have them as my afternoon snack and other times a lighter dessert - either time is perfect.

Dinner was Turkey Breast Scalopini with White Wine & Shallots with Orange Glazed Baked Yams and Sauteed Spinach.  I picked this one because of the sides.  We all should be "turkeyed out" after Thanksgiving - at least with my family - but I thought it would go well with the sides I wanted to try.  I have never been a big fan of yams.  Perhaps because they are usually in a heavy sweet syrup, they are usually NOT on my plate.  These had none of that sickeningly sweet glaze/syrup so it was really just a nicely roasted vegetable.  I may have to try making something like these at home.  And the spinach is really becoming a big favorite for me.  This was a very filing dinner.

Dessert was White Chocolate Chip Cappuccino Cheesecake.  This is just too good to be part of a "diet" program.  I mean seriously - how many diets do you know (that work mind you) that allow you to eat cheesecake for dessert EVERY day?  This is so perfect with a nice cup of coffee ....... definitely my first choice!


I just realized, as I was writing this, that I had selected the same entrees for today as I did for my very first The Fresh Diet meals back at the beginning of October.  The only difference was the snack/Hors D'Oeuvre that I chose for both days.  I have to say in the roughly 2 months that I have been able to taste these meals - they just seem to be getting better and better.  I had enjoyed my first day of meals way back when, and today's meals were equally enjoyed.

Someone said the meals they have had was "heaven on a plate" and I have to say that I agree.  When I look at my meal options I can't believe what a great selection I get to make for each day.  4 separate entree options for each meal?  All made fresh each day?  Delivered fresh to my door each night?  I don't know of any other plan out there that doesn't require you to "add" to your meals or pay much more for each month's delivery.  The Fresh Diet is complete right out of the bag!  Who would have thought Gourmet meals on a diet?  You just gotta love it!  I know that I do.

I hope you had been able to take advantage of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal at The Fresh Diet, because it really was a killer deal.  If you weren't able to, I'm sorry, but check out the Fresh Diet Facebook Page, and if you are in the delivery area, perhaps you could win a few days or week or a grand prize in one of their contests for a month!  If you want to get a delivery after seeing all my great meals (check out October and November for each of my previous days) check out The Fresh Diet and call - it really is worth it.  The CS reps are so very helpful and sweet - we just love them all, I've never spoken to such a personable group - no pressure to purchase, but so very helpful.  Thank you Laurie and Dianne and Arleyrose for all your help whenever I call.  I am so very happy that I won a month of meals in a wonderful contest hosted by ScaryMommy, then add the killer Black Friday deal ..... I am set for months and will get through the upcoming tax season without carb overload or fast foods - THANK YOU Chef Yos (executive chef), Mr. Zalmi Duchman (the creator), and The Fresh Diet NY kitchen for my meals.

1 comment:

Laurence said...

Nice! Now I'm really hungry!