_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Wednesday

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Wednesday

With the holidays just around the corner, there are so many things going on around here as well as our impending closing I have been running around so my "meals" are spotty.  Now I could have had The Fresh Diet deliver my meals all week and then I wouldn't have had to worry about it but I just knew I wouldn't be able to eat on a regular schedule so I opted to skip some days.

Wednesday was an "on" day.  I almost forgot it was an on day until I came down to make the coffee and saw my friendly green bag on my doorstep.  It was a very nice surprise since I knew I had some running around to do to take care of the truck before the holidays and the "hunting" expedition.


Breakfast was Goat Cheese, Baby Spinach & Sun Dried Tomato Omelet with Seven Grain Toast.  Now I have had Goat Cheese before (in fact it was in the salad from The Fresh Diet) but never this way.  I will say it gave the Spinach a whole different dimension of flavor.  It was also surprisingly filling.  Eggs are normally a more "filling" entree because of the protein factor but this was even more so than usual.  I had breakfast at 6:30AM -  yes an ungodly hour - and I was still very comfortable at 11:00 when I was driving back from dealing with the truck.  I also MUST find out where the bread comes from - I MUST get more.  I know they probably make it themselves ... but that means there is a recipe out there somewhere.


Lunch was Mushroom Souffle and Gruyere Cheese Panini on Whole Wheat Ciabatta Bread.  I don't think I have ever had Gruyere cheese before - I could be wrong, but I don't remember it.  This was so very good.  But then I love mushrooms and then there was that wonderful bread ... what is not to like.  I will definitely get this one again when I see it on the menu  Look at how "big" this is - it almost fills the plate (an 8 3/8" paper plate) and very filling again.


For a snack I had Grilled Canadian Bacon over Baby Arugula with Fresh Honeydew & Toasted Pine Nuts.  I am not sure if you were suppose to "heat" the bacon or not but I just put it all together and ate it on the "cooler" side - in other words I let the chill from the fridge leave the food before I sampled this one.  I will definitely be making this one at home.  I know I have some Canadian Bacon and Pine Nuts in the house.  I will figure out how to toast the Pine Nuts without burning them (a habitual problem) while I grill up some bacon.  Was very tasty.


Dinner was Fillet of Chilean Sea Bass with Citrus Chipotle Sauce with Spaghetti Squash in Fresh Basil Pesto and Sauteed Baby Bok-Choy.  I have said this many times - I am not generally a "fish" person.  Don't get me wrong its not that I don't like fish - heck I LOVE shellfish - but I don't usually order "fish" and I definitely don't make it at home.  I have a new favorite fish dish!  So light and buttery tasting but not oily.  The whitest fish I have ever seen.  I've never figured out how to successfully cook Spaghetti Squash (and I know its not difficult) but this, with the Basil Pesto was very good.  It was still crispy but not raw.  And the Bok-Choy was so very very good.  I only had one problem with this meal ........ it was finished by me much too soon.  I could have ordered another without batting an eye.  Brings me back to the movie scene .... "Sir please could I have some MORE" - do you remember the movie I'm thinking of?


Dessert was a Butterscotch Chip Cookie.  This was a pretty big cookie, thin but not crispy/crunchy, incredibly soft and chewy.  I don't know but I could have my work cut out for me "finding" a recipe for this one.  I bet even Jenn would like this one (even if it isn't chocolate chip).

All in all this was an incredible (yes I use that word again) day of meals from the NY kitchen of The Fresh Diet.  You guys (and gals) totally out did yourself - I'm in love all over again.

You really need to get yourself over to The Fresh Diet on Facebook - they are always giving away free meals (3 days, 7 days, if your lucky even a MONTH) of meals prepared especially for you ....... what are you waiting for - go check them out and "like" them!  Tell Jim, Kat sent you if you think of it.  Thanks!

See you tomorrow - I get another delivery on Friday, so make sure you check out my post either Friday night or Saturday morning, then I'm not getting another delivery for a week (see great flexibility) because of the holidays.  Not getting delivery for the week was my choice - TFD will be delivering all next week as well - even for Thanksgiving.  Speaking of which, have you checked out Chef Yos talking about turkey day meals?

No comments: