_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Life's Little Lessons

Monday, June 7, 2010

Life's Little Lessons

Life's Little Instruction Book week 22.

92. Never invest more in the stock market than you can afford to lose.
Although I HATE to lose money - but then does anyone? - I've always said that once I send the money to my broker, its as if it is gone. If I "win" great, if I "lose" well I'm not happy, but it won't change my "lifestyle" because I don't "bet the farm".

93. Choose your life's mate carefully. From this one decision will come ninety percent of all your happiness or misery.
When I would hear people say, I married my best friend, I thought they were crazy or living in a fantasy, but I now know (after almost 30 years of marriage) that they were so correct.

94. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who'll never find out.
If you are able to do something "financial" great if not try for the "easier" things that can also teach younger people the value of charity. Work at a soup kitchen (even if its just for 1 meal), donate some can goods (all those can sales are great for this) to a soup kitchen or church kitchen.

95. Attend class reunions.
ok I failed this one too - I've yet to make a class reunion. My 35th (OMG) high school reunion is scheduled for this August - when I'm on vacation in Florida.

96. Lend only those books you never care to see again.
I don't know about you - but I can't tell you how many books I've "lost" once they were lent out. But that's ok - how many times do you want to read a book? Most of the time I buy paperback books anyway.

No comments: