_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Chef Proven Professional Zester/Grater

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Chef Proven Professional Zester/Grater





I was lucky enough to received the Chef Proven Professional Zester Grater for review.  I think it was one of my lucky days!




This zester is the bomb!  I have tried zesters before, I even have had one in my drawer, but this one has the sharpest zesting pads I've ever seen, and will be the only one in my drawer from now on.






I tried it out on a lemon, since I use lemon zest all the time.  Remember the biggest "bang for the buck" in flavor is in the zest, not the juice (I know surprising) but if you get any of the "white pith" you run the risk of it being bitter.  


This zester was so easy to use and ended up with some really great lemon zest with just a few passes.  Oh and you know how on other zesters the zest sticks to the inside of the zester?  Much of this came right out on the plate and with just a light tap, the rest fell (after I did the picture) onto the plate - but as you can see we got a good bit before then and that was with just 3 passes over the fruit.




Then of course I had to try it out on chocolate. What kind of chocoholic would I be without trying it on chocolate?  

Adding some freshly grated chocolate on top of desserts or over the fresh whipped cream on Hot Chocolate is perfect - and in my opinion shows you really care about your presentation and the taste.  
I know your "taste testers" will be impressed.

Again because the sharpness of this zester you got some super fine chocolate that was almost a powder.  I can't wait to try it on fresh nutmeg! The taste of fresh nutmeg is so much different - but usually difficult to "grate" ... this zester/grater will make it so easy.  Fresh taste here we come again!

I haven't tried it yet, but I bet this will give some fantastic fresh grated Parmesan cheese over top of all kinds of pasta dishes.  A wonderful cheese snow - oh oh now I'm making myself hungry!

If you have a foodie in your home or on your gift list - this is a great gift idea.  Not expensive for what you get and I bet it will be in use in your home or theirs for years to come.  I know it will be in mine!

If it isn't available at the moment (yes Amazon is selling out of this baby) you want to put it on your wish list -- trust me you will NOT be disappointed!

I was provided with this Chef Proven Professional Zester Grater by Chef Proven, through a program with Tomoson.com.  I only post about products that I believe will be of benefit to my readers.  I received no other compensation for this post.

No comments: