_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: I hate sports

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I hate sports

This guest post from Werner Rogers

I hate sports.

I don’t know if it is because my dad spent every spare minute watching them while I was growing up, or if it is because I was not very athletic growing up. I was a swimmer in high school, but my I can only remember my dad coming to one swim meet, and it was when I was in the county championship. I realize that swimming is not a very exciting sport to watch, but it is the only sport that I was decent at.

Maybe I hate sports because since we got Satellite TV, my husband spends countless hours on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays watching football in the fall. I used to enjoy Sunday afternoon naps while he watched football, but now I just get annoyed because I usually work on Saturdays, so Sundays are the only days off we have together. I do not want to spend every day off in front of the TV and I refuse to have my life dictated by who is playing who in the NFL. Thank goodness we have more than one TV.

No comments: