He is always asking for an Apple Pie ... and this one is so easy to make I'm sure he will be asking for it often.
Serving Size: 1 cup
For the filling
- 7 large Granny Smith apples, cored and peeled
- 6 tbsp. chilled butter, cut into pieces
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks chilled butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut apples into ½″ pieces.
- In the UltraPro 2-Qt. Casserole Pan mix together apples, butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Microwave on high power 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter pieces with a pastry blender, or rub butter and flour mixture between fingers until coarse crumbs form; set aside.
- Remove pan from microwave. Sprinkle topping evenly over top of apples.
- Place pan in oven. Bake 12 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven;
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to three days.