_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Tuesday's Fresh Diet Meals

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tuesday's Fresh Diet Meals

Since I had some running around to do and catching up after being away most of last week, it was nice to see my little buddy sitting outside my door Tuesday morning.


Breakfast was Honey Roasted Granola with Fresh Diced Pineapple & Passion Fruit Yogurt.  This is a wonderful breakfast item that is a nice combination of sweet and tart.  The Pineapple is generally on the sweeter side and the passion fruit yogurt is tart (tarter than any of the other flavored yogurts).  I always like to make this a more "festive" plating - so when early on I thought to put this in a margarita glass ...... it became the "norm".  I added yesterday's flower surprise to the mix just to make it even more "pretty".


Lunch was Whole Wheat Pizza Topped with Tri Color Bell Pepper, Mozzarella Cheese and Marinara Sauce.  Even though I "erred" when I was heating this up - I ran down to the basement while it was heating up in the toaster oven (that someone put on broil instead of bake) so it was a little burnt around the edges.  Since whenever we order pizza from the "outside world" or if I make it myself at home from scratch - we ask for thin crust and WELL DONE, I didn't have any problem with these burnt edges.  This is usually a good entree - so it is a regular for me when offered.


My snack was the House Turkey Patties with Honey Glazed Apples.  I have had this before, and is being shown here on a dish that is 4 inches in diam - just so you have an idea of the "size" of this snack.  I have to say that this time the apples were a little "thicker" so they didn't melt when heated in the microwave and actually had a flavor - although it was more cinnamon than anything else.  The turkey patties were maybe formed with a tablespoon (I think they call this "coronets", so they really weren't more than the snack it was purported to be.  It would have been nice if there was something other than "just turkey" in those patties - literally just turkey - if there were seasonings added ... it was in someone else's patties.

Dinner was Pork Cutlet with Apple Chutney with Green Split Pea Puree and Roasted Green Asparagus.  Although there were 3 slices in my container - you really could only eat 2 - the 3rd slice was full of "something" that could not be cut - and ended up in the garbage.  The Apple Chutney was very spicy this time - which I did like, but was glad it was in a separate container so that I could add as much as I wanted.  The Green Pea Puree was exceptionally thick this time so it was actually harder to warm through.  The green Asparagus, although I don't think the picture shows this, was surprisingly good even though it appeared to be either "over roasted" or "older".  It was still on the crisp side of tender crisp so I will say it was still ok for me.


My dessert was Tropical Dried Fruit with Pina Colada Yogurt.  When I first saw this in the container I was thinking the kitchen ran out of fruit that's for sure.  When I actually put it on a plate I found some pieces sitting under the yogurt container.  I also "separated" the fruit pieces - the apricots and prunes were "stuck together" so I got more pieces that were thin as opposed to fewer pieces that were thick.  Sorry the picture is a little dark ....... my kitchen was trying to set the mood for me last night (ok so a bulb blew out and I didn't feel like climbing up to replace it)

No comments: